270soft Forum

" is not a valid floating point

I ran my custom 2016 Maryland scenario in a regular checkup after adding several candidates the glitch " is not a valid floating point occurred when I ran the primaries but not the general.:( What does this mean and what is a floating value?

Thanks in advance!

@admin_270

4 hours ago, Patine said:

"Please, Obi-wan, you're our only hope!"

Sorry, couldn't resist... :P

thats what I was going for!B)

It won't go through in this one either, do you have any other places I can send it to?

Alright, I guess since it's not finished it won't matter if people see it, but when I post it could you work quickly so I can delete it from the post so not too many people get their hands on it? Thanks!

@admin_270

Here's the fixed version.

1. When you enter cut-off values for primaries, make sure to enter 0 instead of leaving it blank. This was causing an error (it's been fixed in the latest internal, but in the meantime that will be the way to avoid it).

2. When entering seat numbers, don't use a comma (1,004). This was causing an error, and will be fixed with the next release, but again, in the meantime that will be the way to avoid that bug.

Please let me know when you've downloaded it, and I'll remove it.