270soft Forum

South Dakota - US House 2010

Hi my friends! :)

I've created another working South Dakota scenario.

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/08/09/south-dakota-us-house-2010/

It's the 2010 US House election featuring Stephanie Herseth Sandlin vs. Kristi Noem. You are free to use it for your own South Dakota elections (Governor, Senate, House,...) - As you see, I have kept my promise. ;)

Features:

• Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D)
  • State Rep. Kristi Noem (R)
  • Senator John Thune (R) off
  • Former Senator Tom Daschle (D) off
  • B. Thomas Marking (I)
  • Observation Party
  • Working County map
  • Accurate %s of 2004 - Sadly I was unable to find county results of 2010 yet...
  • Correct county population
  • Correct Debate dates. Independent candidate Marking was surprisingly included, as I saw it on C-SPAN - He is in the game as well.
  • Correct General Election Polls - source from Wikipedia (not sure how that plays out in the General Election game...)

To-do list:

• Issues
  • Endorsers
  • More potential candidates
  • Surrogates

Have fun, I look forward to your feedback. :)

*Last update: 08/09/2016*

I was like "wait what, House races aren't statewide", then I was like "Ohhhh South Dakota, 3 electoral votes":P

11 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I was like "wait what, House races aren't statewide", then I was like "Ohhhh South Dakota, 3 electoral votes":P

Haha :D

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Haha :D

yeah statewide house race is nice when you district looks like this:

districts-03.png&w=480

21 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I don't know why here's a quote box but that's too much gerrymandering lol :D 

Just now, Patine said:

Many of the "Red States" are gerrymandered just as badly. I've seen some of the electoral district maps.

I know, do you assume I only think gerrymandering is bad when done by Democrats (if you do we might have gotten off on the wrong foot) I feel just as badly for Pennsylvanians and North Carolinians. It really takes away competition and that's not healthy for the free market and it's not healthy for government.

I have a friend who lives in Ashboro, North Carolina. He's quite on the liberal side, but his vote (at least for the US House elections) is always wasted because he's gerrymandered into an electoral district set up to always produce a far-right wing Christian conservative member. There's a good example from acquaintance.

Just now, Patine said:

I have a friend who lives in Ashboro, North Carolina. He's quite on the liberal side, but his vote (at least for the US House elections) is always wasted because he's gerrymandered into an electoral district set up to always produce a far-right wing Christian conservative member. There's a good example from acquaintance.

I know I'm not trying to argue with you, please understand I'm on your side.

21 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Just so you understand, both sides are doing this.  I am with @Reagan04 on this one.  We need to come up with a way to fix this.

We need bipartisan commissions but when the party gets in power their promise on gerrymandering goes away and they reverse it when O"Malley came to power it destroyed the system and I will say the Ehrlich really didn't gerrymander but NC and PA Republicans abused their power very much.