270soft Forum

Creating Updated August 2016 scenario

I'm creating a new scenario to include new independent Conservative candidate Evan McMullin, who is expected to be heavily funded by anti-Trump Republicans. The polls will use Nate Silver's polls for August 9, which shows Trump at his worse. The challenge is to play as Trump when it seems like everything is going against him. I'll update surrogates to make it harder for Trump to win some over, such as Bush, Romney, etc, if they aren't already edited in such a way. 

Sounds good.

Of course I am very skeptical about McMullin's move, as I fear a splitting of Republican/conservative votes, but I am also very curious about how the whole McMullin thing will actually develop. What will Romney and Jeb Bush do? Will they support him? That will be interesting.

4 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Sounds good.

Of course I am very skeptical about McMullin's move, as I fear a splitting of Republican/conservative votes, but I am also very curious about how the whole McMullin thing will actually develop. What will Romney and Jeb Bush do? Will they support him? That will be interesting.

Is Mcmullen really a threat though? I dont believe so. But this election has been crazy enough. Both Hillary and Clinton could both abosoulutely fall. He's a bit strange imo,I just dont like him as a personality,and I said this before it Trump wasnt the nominee I'd vote either Green or Lib,because I am center-left. 

Yeah I can't believe that he's a real threat too, but a unified GOP would be much better in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah I can't believe that he's a real threat too, but a unified GOP would be much better in my opinion.

At this point I'm considering all options; Mcmullen, Castle, and the Drumpfinator

Yeah that might happen. We'll see.