270soft Forum

Alabama Gubernatorial 2018

Dallas

Now released! http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/09/26/alabama-gubernatorial-2018/

A poll released by a media outlet here in Alabama included several potential Republican candidates  (close to 10), and it shows a somewhat close race. Of course it is hypotheticals, but nonetheless, between being from the state and number of candidates based on the poll, I would like to make a realistic 2018 Alabama Governship race and update it as the election gets closer. 

Given I can find the map to do this, I would add all ththe candidates. Just to name a few:

Roy Moore

Martha Roby

Luther Strange

Map credit goes to: @daons

Screenshot_57.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, daons said:

I've done a counties map for AL which you are free to use for your 2018 scenario :)

alabama_map.jpg

alabama map.bmp

Could you do a Califronia?

@daons thank you so much! I will make sure to give credit in this forum post! I will try it out.

@daons beautiful map of Alabama. :) @Dallas Because of my interest for the Civil War I am very interested in Southern politics. Seems to be a great scenario addition. What about Treasurer Young Boozer as a candidate? 

@Conservative Elector 2 absolutely! He made it on the poll; I will be sure to add him!

Here is who I plan to add (Republicans):

Roy Moore:28%

Luther Strange: 19%
Tommy Battle: 9%
Congresswoman Martha Roby: 6%
John McMillan: 3%
John Merrill: 3%
Tim James: 3%
Senate President Pro Tem Del Marsh: 2%
State Treasurer Young Boozer: 2%

and others included in this link. I also hope to replicate these numbers. http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/roy-moore-tops-first-2018-alabama-gubernatorial-poll/

I just wanted to mention Martha Roby :D 

What do you think her attributes should be? I could take note of them and include when I come around to making her.

7 minutes ago, Dallas said:

Roy Moore:28%

I looooveeee Roy Moore!

@daons AL reporter is good for that. I also use and read many of the Yellowhammer (as evident of the link I shared). Good to have two different ideology outlets to work with.

I will look into it and see what I can find. Also, I just finished adding the counties and changing the data. Just got to add the coordinates to the map, then I am going to start on candidates.

Thanks! After I work on all of the major party candidates, I will look into adding him. Having an Independent would be good.

Finished adding the regions and things- however, I am getting this look for the map, and violation errors when I click around.

Screenshot_53.png

3 minutes ago, Dallas said:

Finished adding the regions and things- however, I am getting this look for the map, and violation errors when I click around.

Screenshot_53.png

What region comes up when you click on the blue background?

Bring me to Lauderdale (LA). Also, the two yellow boxes at the very top- not sure what that is.

I went back and changed the coordinate. Some of the others are not letting my click on them. Which may also explain the errors I was getting. Thanks.

@Dallas About Barkley, judging by a couple of old interviews he gave three years or so ago, he seems to support state funding of infrastructure where needed (especially derelict parts of cities like Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, etc., and underdeveloped rural roads and such), but also encouraging out-of-state investment as much as possible, he seems mostly socially conservative EXCEPT in regards to African-American civil rights (Black Lives Matter, Affirmative Action) and such, strongly supports public education without real restriction on private alternatives, and is a BIG promoter of youth and amateur sports, even outside the collegiate and grade and high school team levels. Again, this is from a couple of interviews I found from about three years ago.

Archived