270soft Forum

Some scenarios I'm working on...

I'm currently working on a few scenarios for P4E. Tell me what you think of them!

2008 - The American Decline:

An increasingly unstable situation overseas, coupled with a colossal recession has caused Americans to seriously think about who their next president should be. The rise of a powerful third party, known as the American Union, has lead to the weakening of the two major parties. The American Union have only one goal – to quash the deficit and get America back on its feet economically. Also, the Social Liberal Party of America has been formed, and they have a strong foundation in New England and on America's west coast.

Features:

Tied congress for added suspense value.

Wide roster of Candidates in all four parties.

Three parties who are able to take the white house, and a fourth party that can cause serious problems for other parties.

Puerto Rico (Maybe)

Fully-functioning regionalism.

Different issues than most 2008 scenarios.

Longer timeframe.

More debates!

(So far, the Candidates have been completed for this scenario)

2004 - Gore Reelection:

Al Gore, after narrowly winning Florida and thusly winning the election in 2000, has his work cut out for him in 2004. After the disaster of 9/11, Gore found himself under fire. Can the Republicans, with strong candidates, take the white house back after 12 years of Democratic control?

Features:

Not just a 2004 clone – a varied electoral map with different swing states.

Tied congress – just hope that the third party doesn't win because of a tie!

Plenty of candidates for the Libertarians and Independent parties.

New issues!

20+ Republican Candidates, with varied vice presidential candidates!

Fully-functioning regionalism!

Mormon Election:

After Joseph Smith's murder, the growing religion of the Mormons needs a new leader to lead them to glory. Who will they choose? Will it be Smith's brother? Brigham Young?

Features:

Accurate candidates that actually did want the Mormon leader position.

An accurate map reflecting Mormon settlements.

Historical issues that were debated by Mormon leadership during the time.

2008 - Christian Coaltion

The Republicans may be in trouble – a new party is in town. The powerful Christian Coalition, after a rift with the mainstream Republican Party, split off and founded their own political party. They exploded on the Political scene in 2006, winning a few Senate and Congressional seats. Will the Republicans triumph even with this powerful new party? Will the Democrats take advantage of this occasion and rise to victory?

Features:

A wide selection of candidates in all three major parties.

Strong independent candidates for the Fourth Party.

Tied congress – you can even win as the Christian Coalition!

Regionalism, for that added bout of realism.

Issues to reflect the changing political climate.

Longer running time, and more debates.

Phew, there you go. As you can tell, I'm trying to make my 2008 different, because I know my scenarios could never compete with the 2008 scenarios like Ultimate 2008, Top Dogs and The Wedge.

So, what do you think?

The Church of Latter Day Saints one sounds interesting. What prompted you to come up with the idea? Are you a member?

No, I'm not, but I have friends who are Mormon and it has always fascinated me. I'll try my best to make in historically accurate, and I certainly won't try to offend any members of the LDS church.

I'm currently playing the first one as Condi Rice. And let me tell you, folks, it's hard. So much of the map is in play that it's very hard to keep all of your states in check while trying to win new states. I hope making a really challenging scenario isn't a taboo. :unsure:

I'll send it in once I add in all the candidates to the game and when I set up the regionalism. Phew.

at the risk of getting a barage of anti-mormon stuff (please don't send me any hate mail!), I converted to the Church of Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ earlier this year. I don't know if it would be sacriligious to play your scenario but I'm looking forward to it.

:blink: I spent this friday night in the Salt Lake City airport. Interesting that you chose to convert, did you change you political beliefs? Did you get presured to vote for Bush by your Church/Temple? Just wondering...All my experiences with Mormons have been very negative so, it will be interesting to hear from one.

at the risk of getting a barage of anti-mormon stuff (please don't send me any hate mail!), I converted to the Church of Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ earlier this year. I don't know if it would be sacriligious to play your scenario but I'm looking forward to it.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone with my scenario, so I'll be sure to send it to you first and see if you'll give it the thumbs up before I submit it to the main website.

I'm looking forward to the Mormon scenario. I've studied the religion extensively...not a positive study, mind you, but I look forward to the scenario.

Can't say I've done the same. I read Kraukner's book and that's what sparked my interest in Mormonism.

But I'll be sure to do an extensive study from non-biased sources.