270soft Forum

lay off HRC people!

I am a Jew mad I support Palestinian statehood, like many Jews, don't say supporting Israel is supporting Jews, it's not. As for your racist left talk to Mathew Shepard about the racists left. You can't because the homophobic right killed him. Talk to David Duke the KKK grand Wizard and republican Senate candidate in 1992(it could have been 1990). Take a long look at Strom Thurmond, when he died he was a conservative Republican, same with Jesse Helms. Believe me 99% of the anti-Semitism I have experienced in my life comes from people on the right end of the political spectrum. So don't tell me the left is the home of racial prejudice, I have experienced racial hatred first hand, and it seems to come from the right almost all of the time. As a person who looks like I am of Arab decent (my ancestors where Moroccan Jews) I can tell you people have made cracks about me being a terrorist and once again you guessed it they where conservatives. So get of your high horse! :angry:

I am a Jew mad I support Palestinian statehood, like many Jews, don't say supporting Israel is supporting Jews, it's not. As for your racist left talk to Mathew Shepard about the racists left. You can't because the homophobic right killed him. Talk to David Duke the KKK grand Wizard and republican Senate candidate in 1992(it could have been 1990). Take a long look at Strom Thurmond, when he died he was a conservative Republican, same with Jesse Helms. Believe me 99% of the anti-Semitism I have experienced in my life comes from people on the right end of the political spectrum. So don't tell me the left is the home of racial prejudice, I have experienced racial hatred first hand, and it seems to come from the right almost all of the time. As a person who looks like I am of Arab decent (my ancestors where Moroccan Jews) I can tell you people have made cracks about me being a terrorist and once again you guessed it they where conservatives. So get of your high horse! :angry:

You have provided a handful of examples out of millions of right-wingers world wide. The examples that you provided are certainly extreme but they are NOT typical.

:rolleyes: here we go with the intolerence of the left again...

My point was that it is wrong to categorize all right-wingers as anti-semites. Nothing could be further from the truth.

true, but some are.

Some on the left are too. That sort of sickness is not limited to one ideology.

I am a Jew mad I support Palestinian statehood, like many Jews, don't say supporting Israel is supporting Jews, it's not.  As for your racist left talk to Mathew Shepard about the racists left.  You can't because the homophobic right killed him.  Talk to David Duke the KKK grand Wizard and republican Senate candidate in 1992(it could have been 1990).  Take a long look at Strom Thurmond, when he died he was a conservative Republican, same with Jesse Helms.  Believe me 99% of the anti-Semitism I have experienced in my life comes from people on the right end of the political spectrum.  So don't tell me the left is the home of racial prejudice, I have experienced racial hatred first hand, and it seems to come from the right almost all of the time.  As a person who looks like I am of Arab decent (my ancestors where Moroccan Jews) I can tell you people have made cracks about me being a terrorist and once again you guessed it they where conservatives.  So get of your high horse! :angry:

You have provided a handful of examples out of millions of right-wingers world wide. The examples that you provided are certainly extreme but they are NOT typical.

You could say that Hitler was not typical, does that make it unimportant. Their are a million other anticdotes to show racism by some conservative, do yoyu want me to find more? Besides which you did not rebut my points, you simply say it's not normal. Most minorities I have talked to can report a few times in their life, I know I do.

You could say that Hitler was not typical, does that make it unimportant. Their are a million other anticdotes to show racism by some conservative, do yoyu want me to find more? Besides which you did not rebut my points, you simply say it's not normal. Most minorities I have talked to can report a few times in their life, I know I do.

That may be true, but you can't say that the majority of Conservatives hold such opinions. Sure Hitler is an extreme example, but Hitler is matched by Stalin (leftist) who was just about as bad and just about as anti-semetic as Hitler was.

Mantis, I totally agree that some in the Left are intolerent, just like in the Right. Heck, we have Staline on the left and Hitler on the right, need I say more?

But, you often seem to say that the left is generally speaking intolerent while the right isn't.

For me, they're alike: they both have intolerents in their extremes, but neither side is more intolerent than the other.

Stalin was an anti-Semite, but unlike Hitler he was not hell bent on taking Jews off the face of the planet. I am not saying he was good, just that it is a big difference. As for most conservatives, maybe your right, but here in America a ballot measure to take racist language out of the Alabama state constitution was defeated. In Louisiana David Duke was elected to the State house of Reps. twice, and got the party nomination for the US Senate. That stuff is scary to me.

hey, to get Bush reelected is already scary enough, so it shows the mentality of the country!

According to many, the USA (at least the "Jesusland" part, if you've seen the map I'm referring to) is getting more and more conservative.

In my opinion, the farthest you're getting from the center (on either side), the more intolerent you risk of being.

Hence, yeah, it's scary. But, I believe it would be as scary if it had been on the other side of the spectrum.

It was a thread on HRC....

The ballot measure in Alabama could give the courts the right to raise taxes by circumventing their state legislature...that's what I've gathered from what I've read of people who oppose it...but, eh..I dunno.