270soft Forum

Penalties for visiting states too many times

When the general election starts, a popup says that the amount of times a state has been visited has been set to zero and so I won't receive penalties. But I can't find any documentation about these penalties for visiting a state too much?

What is the amount of times you can rally in a state before it starts having a negative impact? And when the nomination is locked up, I can't seem to rally in states for the GE without it hurting polls until that number is set to zero, which can be months and months, is it safe to skip weeks without action between winning the nomination and the convention?

Thanks all!

Hi Nathan,

I believe it's 5 times before you receive penalties for visiting a given state.

This is going to change, so the effectiveness of Barnstorming is like Fundraising (slowly recharges, instead of finite limit that is reset once you enter the general election).

19 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Hi Nathan,

I believe it's 5 times before you receive penalties for visiting a given state.

This is going to change, so the effectiveness of Barnstorming is like Fundraising (slowly recharges, instead of finite limit that is reset once you enter the general election).

Thanks. Glad that's chaining, 5 is very low! 

But does 5 visits mean 5 rallies/barnstorms, or 5 days. If I rallied 3 times in a day, does that count as 1 or 3 visits. Also, if you stay in a state for the whole week, does that count as one or more?

This became a REAL problem at times. I once made a Delaware 2010 Senatorial scenario for P4E2008 (which had the exact same limits in that regard as PI). Problem is, the game only had THREE regions - the three counties of Delaware! You can imagine how that tuned out...