270soft Forum

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the GOP Wisconsin Primary?

• Ted Cruz
    • Donald Trump
    • John Kasich
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the Democratic Wisconsin Primary?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
  3. 3. If and when the GOP primaries go to a contested convention who do you think will become the nominee?

• Donald Trump
    • Ted Cruz
    • John Kasich
    • Marco Rubio
    • Mitt Romney
    • Paul Ryan
    • Some unnamed person
    • Someone else from the primaries who have already dropped out

1. Clinton

2. Julian Castro, Mark Warner, Martin Heinrich

Yeah, I don't think Warner would be selected, considering people are forgetting who he is. Tim Kaine would be better. However, Clinton has to win over progressives that might not vote for her, so she's probably going to pick someone that is left of her. That way she can tack to the center without losing more progressive votes during the general election. So she's going to pick someone like Castro (TX), Brown (OH) or Reed (GA). Each of these provide a strength to her campaign as well. Ideally, there would be a progressive in PA or FL that she could choose. Grayson is in FL, but he's a little too combative. I like him though.

A.Clinton

B.Elizabeth Warren (Id move back to Australia :)!!! ),Corey Booker, Julian Castro

Cruz has a very strong ground game and has been performing well in state, district, and county conventions to get pro-Cruz delegates to the convention. So, I think Cruz is able to win after delegates start to become unbound. I also think that it will go to a convention and no-one will have the magic number to win the nomination so it will go into a couple ballots.

I doubt Warren or Book would be VPs, since Clinton's a former Senator from a Northeast state

Who still tries to balance tickets?

Bill Clinton's VP was Al Gore, another southerner. John Kerry picked John Edwards from North Carolina, but still lost that state. Barack Obama picked Joe Biden from Delaware, but yet won North Carolina.

I think those two are on her short list, because Warren is a popular liberal, and putting her on could win back some of Sanders voters. I doubt she will put Sanders on the ticket, because he is too old, too strong to control, and is from Vermont (Not a politically important state). Booker is also a popular liberal, and he is black , choosing him would cement her the Black vote and it would look good with two races on the ticket.