270soft Forum

If Romney would of ran.

Put down what you guys would of thought that happened!(heres my prediction if he would of ran)

-Trump wouldnt of entered the race

-The field would not of started out as large and would of most likely only included Romney,Hucckabee,Santorum,Paul,Bush,Christie

-Rand Paul would of gained alot more ground and possibly won the nomination

the current standings would be

1.Romney

2.Bush

3.Paul

4.Christie

5.Hucckabee

6.Santorum

(this is my short version)

With Romney coming in the race it would have taken most of the air of the beginning of the race, and would have greatly reduced the effect Trump had.

I think the current feild would be

Romney

Rubio

Cruz

Trump

The feild at it's largest would be romney, cruz, christie, bush, paul, santorum, huckabee, trump and rubio.

I still think Trump would be #1 or #2. I think Trump is doing so well because the populist base is tired of Romneys, McCains and Bushes. I'll put. Romney, Trump, Cruz, with Cruz a distant third. I think Trump would keep it close enough that he runs 3rd party. Romney would pick Rubio as his VP.

Problem with Romney is, while he may appeal to the GOP establishment, he's a well-known flip-flopper, amongst the worst (at least among US Presidential hopefuls) of the last several years. I'm not sure one can rely on anything he says on the campaign trail.