270soft Forum

Arizona- 2016 (Senate)

Version 0.5 is out!: http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/01/31/arizona-senate-2016-beta/

What changed:

-New events

-New Democrat candidate

-Fixed some weird errors (no more Ivanka Trump campaigning for John McCain)

-Changed colors for several candidates

-and more!

What to come in future updates:

-More What-if candidates

-More county specific endorsers

-Updated blurbs for candidates I missed

-More Events

(special thanks to Booth's numbers on tweaked ad cost!)

Cool, thanks! :) Will check it out.

• 5 months later...

I am looking at updating this again at some point. Now that I am writing articles for the Ward campaign, and have been keeping a close eye on the election. I can possibly go back through and add more content if anyone is interested.

Going back through and updating many things, and also planning to add many things. I will not let my bias determine the direction of the scenario.

I played this two nights ago, and noticed that I get around $1-$2 million per day with a few points unused (background fundraising). Obviously, this is very unrealistic, and I would like to change it to something like $10,000, maybe $15,000 per day. @admin_270 and everyone else- what is the best way to make it so that $10,000 is earned in background fundraising? Also, ads are way up and very expensive- how do I go about changing that figure as well?

I replaced Kelli Ward's picture with one that was provided to me, updated her color and added more endorsers. Also, I added Alex Muslkey (the third GOP candidate) to the game. Much more to come! Looking at adding more events, country bound endorsers and a few other things. I think this will be fun!

Sounds great! :D 

I like to update as I make changes, so, here are the latest changes made!

-Added a new candidate to the Democratic side.

- Added Libertarian Party and a candidate for that party.

-New endorses for Republicans and Democrats.

-Replaced the picture for Ann Kirkpatrick.

And this is mainly it for recent changes. I have decided against county-based endorsers for the time being. and trying to balance endorsements (not working out).

At the same time, I am looking at adding another 3rd party, though I am 50/50 because it is VERY small compared to even the Libertarian Party.  

By the way, who is interested in this? I know a few members are; anyone else? The Democratic side is not as exciting, and 3rd parties in Arizona are not that...successful.

9 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

@Dallas

I'm way interested in this! I lived in Arizona for awhile, Joe Arpaio was actually a friend of my father's and I think this scenario will be a ton of fun :) 

Really? Wow- I am a huge fan of Joe and his work! And if you would like a "early" version of what I am working on (always appreciate feedback), I can send a ZIP to your email. Possibly send the email in a private message, in case bots or spammers pick it up in the thread.

I'm interested too of course. ;)

The scenario is now in a stage that can be sent to user willing to test it out! If interested to test, send me a private message to my account, including your email address. Keep in mind, the file I will send to you will contain the scenario and only the scenario, in a ZIP format. No special program, little hassle- it should all work fine! I am just finalizing a few things. I just happened to come across an error preventing endorsements form showing in the general election (yikes, going to fix!) plus noticing a few things that need quality-of-life improvements.

10 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yeah I love all PI Scenarios:lol:

Good to know! This is my first Senate scenario, and even though I stopped working on it it months ago, I have decided to "revive" the project.

If I may ask, what "little program" are you referring to being excluded? I've been on this forum for a little over eights, and sent and received MANY scenarios, ALL of which have JUST been the scenario files in a zipped format of some sort or another. I'm not in the least accusatory, I'm just genuinely curious if some sort of software has become common - or even almost expected - along with emailed scenarios by some on these forums.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

If I may ask, what "little program" are you referring to being excluded? I've been on this forum for a little over eights, and sent and received MANY scenarios, ALL of which have JUST been the scenario files in a zipped format of some sort or another. I'm not in the least accusatory, I'm just genuinely curious if some sort of software has become common - or even almost expected - along with emailed scenarios by some on these forums.

I am talking about programs such as "7Zip", or a program that extracts .rar files. I had to use a program to extract scenarios in .rar file. 

I have the improved version zip compressed- just PM me your email, and I will send it.

Still working on improvements! Made several changes this past weekend, and also adding data as I go along.

I am still having issues with my Alabama Governor 2018 scenario, so I will work on a few things on this one and release it.