270soft Forum

Austria - 2004, 2010 and 2016

Hi guys, :)

finally it's done. I've designed accurate Austrian scenarios (with an Austrian map). Here are the upcoming 2016 election and the historical elections of 2010 and 2004. They are on the campaign's page. More will follow!

I know there are many things to do (issues, endorsers, hypothetical candidates and so on...) and I'll do them asap. You can help, if you want.

For the 2016 election, I'll update candidates when more are announced. ;)

Please note that we don't have an actual electoral college (popular vote counts), sadly no vice president and no primaries. A runoff election is necessary, if no candidate gets 50% + 1 vote in the first round.

Have fun and stay tuned. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks! :D

Luki

P.S.

Thanks to Patine for the Austrian map in the Austria - 2008 scenario for PMF.

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/01/24/austria-2004-2010-and-2016/

Your welcome, though the map was not actually my creation. There used to be a member of these forums whose handle was Treasurer of the PC. He made a lot of good maps, party logos, and scenarios in the day. Then, one day he stopped posting, and didn't even answer e-mail. I hope he's alright, and he'll me missed, at least by me, in these forums.

Ok, I see. Yeah I miss him too, altough I didn't know him :D

I hope you have fun with my new scenarios ;) I plan a lot of things as it is now possible to import new maps, but first I plan a similar (historical) series of all historical elections in Austria. :)

All three scenarios got an update!

• Most was done in 2004, as I added many speculative candidates and parties.
  • In 2010 I added a speculative party too.
  • In 2016 I added a new official candidate who announced his candidacy today.
  • %s made more real and other minor edits
  • colors edited

Stay tuned and be prepared for 1998 :)

Luki

• 2 weeks later...

Update's out!

• most was done in 2016
  • Added a lot of speculative candidates and three new parties
  • Added a new candidate and Party (Richard Lugner) who announced his candidacy yesterday
  • Some endorses, mostly newspapers

Have fun! Any feedback is welcome, thanks.

Luki :)

Update's out!

New things in the scenarios:

• changed dates = a longer game play is now possible
  • changed %s (in 2016 a new poll was released, so I updated the poll numbers for the General Election)
  • one new candidate for social democrats
  • new (Austrian) issues in 2004
  • new endorsers
  • other minor fixes

Have fun! Any feedback is welcome, thanks. Next thing to do is 1998.

Luki :)

Ill give it a try never tried a international election ill give you my results however can you give me a quick rundown of the parties? Like there diffrences :D

Thanks!! :)

• ÖVP - Austrian People's Party (Österreichische Volkspartei) - center-right, somewhat conservative and economic liberal, pro-Church, party of the upper class, establishment party in rural Areas, unpopular among young voters - a bit like the Republicans, the Tories, PC in Canada or Partido Popular in Spain.
  • SPÖ - Socialdemocratic Party of Austria (Sozialdemokratische Partei Österreichs) - center-left, party of the working class, establishment party in Vienna, a bit like the Democrats or the Labour Party in the UK or the New Democrats in Canada
  • FPÖ - Freedom Party of Austria (Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs) - far-right, neo-nazism and neo-fascism (but they deny it), party of the right-wing workers, German Unification, populism.
  • Grüne (Greens) - Left on everything, party of the young - like Bernie Sanders I would say
  • Team Stronach for Austria (Team Stronach für Österreich) - led by an eccentric Austro-Canadian billionaire, right-wing between ÖVP and FPÖ, populism
  • BZÖ - Alliance for the Future of Austria (Bündnis Zukunft Österreich) - right-wing, economic liberal, break away of FPÖ
  • DU - The Independents (Die Unabhängigen) - Party of another eccentric millionaire (Richard Lugner). Center to center-right (not really clear!). He's now running as an Independent.
  • Irmgard Griss - Independent centrist, former Chief Justice

Other smaller parties are:

• Neos (economic liberal but social left),
  • KPÖ - Communist Party of Austria (Kommunistische Partei Österreich) far-left on everything,
  • DC - The Christians (Die Christen) - right-wing, Christian values party
  • CSA - Christian Social Alliance (Christlich Sozial Allianz) - now defunct, same profile like DC

I hope that will help you a bit. If you have another questions please ask me. :)

P.S.: Here's a good link for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_presidential_election,_2016

Team Stronach's "eccentric millionaire leader's" daughter, Belinda Stronach, was actually a federal MP here in Canada who began a member of the Conservative Party of Canada, then crossed the floor to the Liberal caucus when then-Prime Minister Paul Martin offered her a cabinet position. Somehow, her constituents re-elected her after that, but not long thereafter she left politics for business down a golden path paved by her father...

That's true. I read about that somewhile ago :) Frank Stronach became a representative too in the National Council following the 2013 elections here, but left active politics after three months.

P.S. after a bit research work, I think he is even a billionaire. :D

Today started the period of getting enough valid signatures in order to appear on ballot in April. In addition to the establishment candidates, various candidates of smaller parties or private People try it. They have time to do this until the 18th March. And at least everyone who succeeds with the signatures will be added to the 2016 scenario. The 1998 scenario is in progress. Cheers! :)

Luki

The thread has now a link to the scenario in it. :)

Well, technically yes. Official neonazism like praising Hitler in public is outlawed, but most groups deny those extrem views and nobody who want to be the actual president would say such things. In the 80s there was a far-right party called NDP and it was later banned for being a melting pot of neonazist activists.

I will include it in the 80s scenarios too when I'm ready to make them. I'm currently doing the 1998 scenario and aiming for a release tomorrow. :)

Thanks!! :)

• ÖVP - Austrian People's Party (Österreichische Volkspartei) - center-right, somewhat conservative and economic liberal, pro-Church, party of the upper class, establishment party in rural Areas, unpopular among young voters - a bit like the Republicans, the Tories, PC in Canada or Partido Popular in Spain.
  • SPÖ - Socialdemocratic Party of Austria (Sozialdemokratische Partei Österreichs) - center-left, party of the working class, establishment party in Vienna, a bit like the Democrats or the Labour Party in the UK or the New Democrats in Canada
  • FPÖ - Freedom Party of Austria (Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs) - far-right, neo-nazism and neo-fascism (but they deny it), party of the right-wing workers, German Unification, populism.
  • Grüne (Greens) - Left on everything, party of the young - like Bernie Sanders I would say
  • Team Stronach for Austria (Team Stronach für Österreich) - led by an eccentric Austro-Canadian billionaire, right-wing between ÖVP and FPÖ, populism
  • BZÖ - Alliance for the Future of Austria (Bündnis Zukunft Österreich) - right-wing, economic liberal, break away of FPÖ
  • DU - The Independents (Die Unabhängigen) - Party of another eccentric millionaire (Richard Lugner). Center to center-right (not really clear!). He's now running as an Independent.
  • Irmgard Griss - Independent centrist, former Chief Justice

Other smaller parties are:

• Neos (economic liberal but social left),
  • KPÖ - Communist Party of Austria (Kommunistische Partei Österreich) far-left on everything,
  • DC - The Christians (Die Christen) - right-wing, Christian values party
  • CSA - Christian Social Alliance (Christlich Sozial Allianz) - now defunct, same profile like DC

I hope that will help you a bit. If you have another questions please ask me. :)

P.S.: Here's a good link for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_presidential_election,_2016

Thanks! :),I like all the diversity and unlike us they have alot more parties,Ill try the SPO as Fischer first in 2004 :) ,and post my results after

2004 Primary:As SPO,Fischer (I only go this in depth in primaries)

Voralberg-This was an upset by far,i was around 26% ahead in the polls:Hundstorfer 52.7%(5 seats), Fischer 30.7%(2 seats), Faymann 16.5%(1 seat)

Carinthia-This I was expected to win and did thankfully:Fischer 57.6%(28 seats), Hundstofer 26.3%(13 seats),Faymann 16%(7 seats)

Salzburg-Another one where i had a very large lead in the polls and lost,but lost by a smaller margin: Hundstofer 48.3%(10 seats),Fischer 45.7%(8 seats),Faymann 6%

-Offered Faymann 10 PIP's to endorse me

-Faymann endorses me,withdrawls

Lower Austria-A very good one as we expected to get:Fischer 65.9%(37 seats),Hundstorfer 34.1%(19 seats)

Vienna-This was alot closer than i would of liked it to be but we won:Fischer 54.4%(82 seats), Hundstorfer 45.6%(68 seats)

Tyrol-A very nice win:Fischer 76.1%(19 seats), Hundstorfer 23.9%(6 seats)

Stryria-Another great win!:Fischer 75%(53 seats),Hundstorfer 25%(17 seats)

Upper Austria-A region we should of one but did not:Hundstorfer 55.8%(12 seats),Fischer 44.2%(9 seats)

Burgenland-A win! and we werent even predicted to!:Fischer 62.3%(2 seats),Hundstorfer 37.7%(2 seats)

-We have officially locked up the nomination!

Final for SPO-Fischer 248,Hundstorfer 152

2004 Austrian General election:

Opening Polls:Top 4: http://imgur.com/wIu9yiO

Bottom 3:http://imgur.com/YVRSo2W

Thanks for this. I appreciate it, that you like my scenarios. :)

Checked it already! ;)

http://www.270soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12427

Go there and see the sets made by me to P4E8!

Is there a way to convert them to PI? id love to play em!

No, there is no direct conversion possible between different whole iterations of any TheorySpark game (except Chancellor Forever 2005 -2009, which had no real issues). The code is just too different in all cases. Only completely remaking them with the same images and information, but otherwise from scratch, can be done.

• 4 weeks later...

Today started the period of getting enough valid signatures in order to appear on ballot in April. In addition to the establishment candidates, various candidates of smaller parties or private People try it. They have time to do this until the 18th March. And at least everyone who succeeds with the signatures will be added to the 2016 scenario. The 1998 scenario is in progress. Cheers! :)

Luki

The ballot for April 24th is finalized, and all six candidates I had ON got at least the 6000 required signatures. No one else made the hurdle, but some failed narrowly so I might add them as OFF when I have time to. :)

Archived