270soft Forum

Are there any autograph collectors here?

Conservative Elector 2

I was able to meet and get a picture with Nigel Farage, Sen. Mike Lee, George Allen (former US Senator and Governor of Virginia), Dinesh D'Souza, and Dr. Arthur Laffer last week

On 12/19/2015 at 10:21 AM, jvikings1 said:

I do not get many autographs, but I do get pictures with famous people.

For Presidents, I have pictures with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George Bush(I have his autograph), and Barrack Obama(I have his autograph).

Others:

• Hillary Clinton
  • Jerry Seinfeld
  • Andrew Wiggins(He is in the NBA and won rookie of the year of the 2014-2015 season)
  • Rand Paul
  • Mitch McConnell
  • various top high school basketball players(that could be big in the NBA some day)
  • Bill Self (Kansas' head coach for basketball)
  • John Calipari (Kentucky head coach for basketball)
  • Tom Izzo (Michigan State head coach for basketball)
  • Kevin Ollie (UConn's basketball head coach)
  • Billy Donovan (former Florida basketball head coach and now head coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder(NBA))
  • Rick Pittino (Louisville basketball header coach)
  • Tubby Smith (former Kentucky head coach(won a championship there))
  • Joe B. Hall (former Kentucky head coach (won a championship there))
  • Roy Williams (North Carolina head coach for basketball)

3 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I was able to meet and get a picture with Nigel Farage, Sen. Mike Lee, George Allen (former US Senator and Governor of Virginia), Dinesh D'Souza, and Dr. Arthur Laffer last week

How do you meet all these people?!

I met Spike Lee in JFK airport on my way to the Dominican Republic last year, that's the only famous person I've ever met. 

I don't know if anyone would consider him famous but Robert Prestel (Deputy NSA director from 1990-1994) is a family friend. I sat next to him at my cousin's wedding a few years ago and we talked for a bit. He loves math and gave me this riddle I've been trying to solve ever since.

2 hours ago, President Garrett Walker said:

How do you meet all these people?!

I met Spike Lee in JFK airport on my way to the Dominican Republic last year, that's the only famous person I've ever met. 

I don't know if anyone would consider him famous but Robert Prestel (Deputy NSA director from 1990-1994) is a family friend. I sat next to him at my cousin's wedding a few years ago and we talked for a bit. He loves math and gave me this riddle I've been trying to solve ever since.

Campaign events for the Presidents and most Senators; I wrote a letter to H W Bush since he was, at the time, the only one I hadn't gotten of living Presidents.  So, me, my dad, and one of my brothers drove down to Houston to meet him.  For the basketball coaches, we go to high school basketball events that have some of the top talent.  And, the most recent were at the National Conservative Student Conference put on by Young Americans for Freedom (YAF).

A few weeks ago, when I was in London, I visited the Houses of Parliament and was told "you might meet someone, the last tour saw Norman Lamont and Boris Johnson." We didn't meet anyone (except maybe someone from the Thatcher era, but I'm not sure.), which was made worse by the fact Jeremy Corbyn came 2 minutes after our tour ended. I was, needless to say, quite disappointed, and so I headed to the tube thinking "well that's quite rubbish."

Long story short we saw Tim Farron in the station we got off at, carrying the contents of his desk in a box, with a family member, looking a mixture of annoyed and sad. It was his last day as leader before Vince Cable was elected. My dad encouraged me to get his autograph (mostly because he likes him) but he looked like he would happily push me in front of the train if I did.

Back on topic, I have the autographs of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, and a photo with Tommy Sheridan (extra points if you know who he is)