270soft Forum

United States - 2000

Thought we should have an updated 2000 election scenario. So here it is! I am most interested in input on issues and issue positions of candidates. Also looking for suggestions for other endorsers. Will be adding Libertarian party as well at some point. The third parties right now are Green and Reform.

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2015/10/20/2000-election-gore-v-bush/

Thanks for that!

Just updated the scenario with the following changes:

Issue Profile:

Leadership Med->High

Experience & Integrity Low->Med

Candidates:

The following candidates have been added as "off"

Democrats

• Sen. John Kerry
  • Gov. Howard Dean
  • Sen. Paul Wellstone

Republicans

• Gov. Lamar Alexander
  • Rep. John Kasich
  • Sen. Bob Smith

I also fixed the problem with the code where Alaska wasn't reporting before the end of election night. I had used the code from my 1960 scenario before I had fixed the same problem in that code.

I am working on adding more candidates right now but I felt the fix on Alaska was important enough to release an update right now. So this one only includes 6 more candidates (their percentages start out low in all states except for their home state where they start fairly strong). The next update should have about a dozen additional candidates on top of what I have here. Most of these candidates will be completely there just for fun. I am a fan of the "what if" scenarios. The big addition will be Donald Trump. You will have the option of playing him in either the Republican party or the Reform Party.

I will also be adding alternate dates to begin in the primaries.

I was ambitious so I added a few more candidates:

Democrats:

• Sen. Joe Biden (off)
  • Sen. Bob Kerry (off)
  • Sen. Joe Lieberman (off)
  • Rev. Jesse Jackson (off)

Republicans:

• Gov. George Pataki (off)
  • Mr. Donald Trump (off) <- keep off if you are running him under reform party (and off there if he is on here)

Reform:

• Mr. Donald Trump (off)

Working on adding more.

Of course, this scenario, along with 1824 and 1968, are examples among US Presidential Elections, of freak, and unique, events that were very important to the outcome, but still can't be reasonably replicated by any of the P4E engines, those being the "Corrupt Bargain" (1824), the assassination of an active candidate during the primary cycle (Robert F. Kennedy, 1968), and the US Supreme Court ruling (unprecedently) in the votes for "too-close-to-call" Electoral Votes (Florida's, 2000).

I just uploaded v 1.4 which adds the following candidates.

Democrats:

• Mr. Lyndon LaRouche
  • First Lady Hillary Clinton
  • Gen. Wesley Clark

Republicans:

• Mr. Herman Cain
  • Gov. Jeb Bush
  • Sen. John Ashcroft
  • Sen. Fred Thompson
  • Fmr. Speaker Newt Gingrich
  • Gov. Mike Huckabee

Just uploaded 1.5

This one adds another 6 candidates (3 dems and 3 Reps), adds funds for a few candidates and includes some minor tweaks in candidate charisma, integrity, ambition, etc. Also, I made some minor adjustments to starting %'s.

Might just add that it would be nice if you updated where the candidates stand on the issues, because for example currently Trent Lott and Rudy have almost the exact same policy standings :P

Working on this right now!

Might just add that it would be nice if you updated where the candidates stand on the issues, because for example currently Trent Lott and Rudy have almost the exact same policy standings :P

They are updated now in v 1.6