270soft Forum

2nd Round: Grand Updates: 1788-1956 scenarios

vcczar

Ok, that sounds equally good to me. Simply ask when it comes to the point you need any suggestions. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For the sake of vexillological pedantry and purity (flags of all sorts are a subject very dear to my heart), I'm willing to contribute setting the national and state flags to their historical, contemporary versions for each election, as I already have pretty much all the iterations of the US national flag and every previous version of every state (at least since entering the Union and attaining statehood), including their various great seals for states before adopting any flag, all already cropped to the dimensions used n TheorySpark games (I had done all of this when I had a similar vision to yours, but back for P4E2008, that didn't actually get fully done). This offer can save you a lot of time, because looking up all those old flags and seals, and then cropping them, is quite time-consuming.

@Patine

That would be wonderful. If you can zip file me the flags, I can place them into my files. I would recommend naming each file "State-Year the flag was introduced"

For instance:

Georgia-pre1879

Georgia-1879

Georgia-1902

Georgia-1906

Georgia-1920

Georgia-1956

Georgia-2001

Georgia-2003

However, I think Anthony may ask for my 1788 and 1792 elections pretty soon. Maybe if you can send the zip files by era "Flags previous up to Civil War" and "Flags from Civil War to 20th Century" "20th Century Flags up to WWII" "Flags during the Cold War" "Flags after the Cold War" Something like that. Glad you are volunteering this because I wasn't planning on changing the flags anytime soon.

I wouldn't say breathing down my neck. He's strongly considering these scenarios for inclusion, possibly in the next or a not much later update.

Thanks I appreciate it. Now, I just have to figure out how to change the flags.

• 2 weeks later...

@Patine

Not yet, but you can send it. I'll add the flags as Anthony requests each scenario. I've only placed the 1788 flag in the scenario so far. I'd do them all now, but I haven't much time until the end of December. But regardless, I won't post the updates of the scenarios, since Anthony aims to add the scenarios.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, this just occurred to me, and I don't know if you've yet considered it, but not only would the states present and their populations and eligible voters be different by election, but, in many cases, the state capital and three principal cities the political_units.xml file demands for each would differ over time, as well as, in the 1788-89 and 1792 scenarios, the national capital would technically be Philadelphia. Just another tidbit there.

• 1 month later...

Archived