270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

MattyN

@Anthony_270, sometimes it would be nice to run live simulations. Like you get to see what the candidates do, etc. when you run simulations & you like to see full electoral results with a map.

Also, can I see if my spin was successful (this was a feature in President Forever 2004)

Also, is it difficult to make other electoral systems?

1) MMP

2) PR (like in the primaries, it is possible)

3) Two Round System

4) Also, some states had the state legislature decide elections if no candidate wins a majority in the popular vote.

5) Proportional Electoral votes 

6) Faithless Electors (one can adjust the chance of it happening)

7) Parallel Voting

😎 South Korea's complicated system with part FPTP, part MMP, and part PR (243-40-17)

9) In primaries, there are delegates that don't vote according to how well a candidate did in the state, but whoever they want.

10) RCV for primaries (Democrats have used this in Iowa)

• Upvote 1

Also, sometimes candidates might reject entering a debate (an example is Donald Trump refusing to show up in a debate back in 2016, and instead, deciding to hold a town hall).

How about choosing which candidates will attend a certain debate in the primaries (this would open the door for Forums to be added)

What is the effect of shifts?

• Upvote 1

Comparing the new and the old engine, I noticed that I as the player lacks an interview. While other leaders communicate with the press and get a momentum, mine one goes unnoticed. What happened? 

9 hours ago, vjw said:

mine one goes unnoticed. What happened? 

Are you clicking the Interviews button on the News page? I actually think I'm going to modify this - too many people don't realize there's a button there to click.

2 hours ago, IndependentPerson said:

Which candidate?

Played by human.

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

Are you clicking the Interviews button on the News page?

I didn't even pay attention to it. You're right, smth needs to change.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, vjw said:

Played by human.

I didn't even pay attention to it. You're right, smth needs to change.

Do you play major candidates or minor ones. The minor ones (like third parties) might have a difficult time getting interviews.

How about your momentum? Higher momentum will bring more interviews, its seems. Do you go after endorsements? Do you raise your momentum with ads?

• 2 weeks later...

I love this game!

The feature I would most like to see is the ability to export results while they're still being reported. This would allow some automation in my network-inspired graph, rather than having to pause every few % to enter the numbers.

• 2 months later...

The five features I would most like to see added are:

5. An official 2000 campaign.

4. More third parties. I would set a flat threshold for inclusion at 0.1 % in their historic performances. This would add:

2004. Libertarian, Constitution, Green

2008. Constitution, Green

2012. Green

2016. Constitution

3. Undecided independent candidates, who would declare under conditions detailed in the editor. For example, McMullin declares in the Republican party nominates Donald Trump.

2. More detailed / accurate third party primaries. For example, the Libertarian party's primaries are non-binding, and Bob Barr had Mary Ruwart, Wayne Root, and Mike Gravel, among others, as notable opponents at the 2008 convention.

1. Simulator function for primaries. This would probably take the most work, but it would make me very happy to see which of the 11,486,116 Democrat candidates is the most likely to win a 2020 primary.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I know the party is dead and buried now, but I would like to see if I could rescue the Reform Party with a third Perot run (surprise), Trump, or maybe someone more out there like Ventura or Ron Paul. In addition, it probably makes more sense than adding a 2024 campaign before the year of. Thank you for considering.