270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

I’d love (mainly for Prime Minister) to have a range of map modes. Particularly heat maps to show a particular party’s level of support in each region. Also one that shows distance from center would be useful. Think they could be great tools to work out a plan of attack much quicker than it currently takes if you aren’t very familiar with the makeup of the country in the scenario you’re playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

On 9/5/2020 at 1:21 AM, admin_270 said:

Totally inexplicable. Actually, I've repeatedly explained to you the reasons in detail.

At earliest, something like this would be after the Nov. elections. Maybe in 2021 I'll look seriously at this possibility.

I would imagine that mixed member/parallel electoral systems would be easiest to implement as the constituency elements are already in place. I would be happy to create some Scottish Parliament and Welsh and London Assembly scenarios which use the AMS (Additional Member System) for use with a new electoral system.

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to see a window option in the Beta version (I like playing while doing other things).

Also, if possible, I'd be interested in seeing the equivalent of exit polls at the end of the game.  What were the top issues to voters?  How did different demographic groups vote, how did people who's top priority was issue X vote? etc.

19 hours ago, Defiant said:

I'd like to see a window option in the Beta version (I like playing while doing other things).

Also, if possible, I'd be interested in seeing the equivalent of exit polls at the end of the game.  What were the top issues to voters?  How did different demographic groups vote, how did people who's top priority was issue X vote? etc.

Window option added in latest internal.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think early voting will be an interesting mechanic. Depending on how strong your ground game is, x amount of days leading up to the election a percentage of the voting base will have already voted for you. This mechanic can make you immune(or close to immune) to last minute changes. Of course, you can edit the amount of voters in the state vote early(say set it to 10%, 50%, etc).