270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

I’d love (mainly for Prime Minister) to have a range of map modes. Particularly heat maps to show a particular party’s level of support in each region. Also one that shows distance from center would be useful. Think they could be great tools to work out a plan of attack much quicker than it currently takes if you aren’t very familiar with the makeup of the country in the scenario you’re playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

On 9/5/2020 at 1:21 AM, admin_270 said:

Totally inexplicable. Actually, I've repeatedly explained to you the reasons in detail.

At earliest, something like this would be after the Nov. elections. Maybe in 2021 I'll look seriously at this possibility.

I would imagine that mixed member/parallel electoral systems would be easiest to implement as the constituency elements are already in place. I would be happy to create some Scottish Parliament and Welsh and London Assembly scenarios which use the AMS (Additional Member System) for use with a new electoral system.

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to see a window option in the Beta version (I like playing while doing other things).

Also, if possible, I'd be interested in seeing the equivalent of exit polls at the end of the game.  What were the top issues to voters?  How did different demographic groups vote, how did people who's top priority was issue X vote? etc.

19 hours ago, Defiant said:

I'd like to see a window option in the Beta version (I like playing while doing other things).

Also, if possible, I'd be interested in seeing the equivalent of exit polls at the end of the game.  What were the top issues to voters?  How did different demographic groups vote, how did people who's top priority was issue X vote? etc.

Window option added in latest internal.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think early voting will be an interesting mechanic. Depending on how strong your ground game is, x amount of days leading up to the election a percentage of the voting base will have already voted for you. This mechanic can make you immune(or close to immune) to last minute changes. Of course, you can edit the amount of voters in the state vote early(say set it to 10%, 50%, etc). 

• Upvote 1
On 10/28/2020 at 5:34 PM, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I think early voting will be an interesting mechanic. Depending on how strong your ground game is, x amount of days leading up to the election a percentage of the voting base will have already voted for you. This mechanic can make you immune(or close to immune) to last minute changes. Of course, you can edit the amount of voters in the state vote early(say set it to 10%, 50%, etc). 

Yep. Early voting suddenly became a lot more important. We'll see.

54 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Proportional Representation electoral college would be great thing to implement tbh. It could allow for some really fun scenarios.

Proportional representation, MMP, and STV options for PMI and CI are long overdue. Where are they on the queue, now @admin_270, if I may ask?

Add unplayable congress election in presidential infinity so you can campaign for a party for congress. And see who hold majorities at the end.

Districts in states in President Infinity. Mainly for rallies and fundraisers. <-Basically district off a state in 4 parts and be able to hold events, polls in those districts. So ohio, florida and Pennsylvania you could appease the rural parts or the urban parts. Instead of One rally in the whole state who knows where. Also show results broken down by district. this could also be county wise as that would be nice but harder to develop. 

2 hours ago, jtr93 said:

Add unplayable congress election in presidential infinity so you can campaign for a party for congress. And see who hold majorities at the end.

Districts in states in President Infinity. Mainly for rallies and fundraisers. <-Basically district off a state in 4 parts and be able to hold events, polls in those districts. So ohio, florida and Pennsylvania you could appease the rural parts or the urban parts. Instead of One rally in the whole state who knows where. Also show results broken down by district. this could also be county wise as that would be nice but harder to develop. 

There was an old feature that allowed users to add city names to states in President Forever 2008. I think a return of that feature would be really helpful, especially to scenario creators. 

@admin_270 would that be too hard to recreate?

4 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

There was an old feature that allowed users to add city names to states in President Forever 2008. I think a return of that feature would be really helpful, especially to scenario creators. 

@admin_270 would that be too hard to recreate?

No, easy to add back in. We'l see.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Can we get higher resolution campaign map? (no more jagged boundary lines that are supposed to be straight)

image.png.edc7e7551419683a5e0fe1c7a36c909a.png

It should be fairly straightforward to increase the resolution of the map. We'll see.

I wish there was a more automated way of creating campaign ads. Maybe have a tool that will auto create ads based on an assigned issue. Highlight the states that you would like the ad to auto-run in. 

• Upvote 1

Hi! I think it would be great if you guys can make election night a little bit more like the real thing. Right now in the game candidates don't win electoral votes when states are final. Instead projected electoral votes are made and the candidates win and lose those electoral votes. They fluctuate. One moment you have more electoral votes than the other candidate and the next you lose them. I think states should get called out when they finish so that each candidate would get a steady increase of electoral votes. This way makes more sense to me, while the other makes things a little more confusing to me. Also like real life I think states should get called out from east to west instead of all over the place. That way is more familiar to me and would make things less confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'd like is if you could set your VP candidate to automatic, the same way surrogates can be, since I usually forget about the VP candidate and just focus on the presidential candidate.  I guess, since VP candidates use the same pool of CP points, maybe the player would need to set how much CP the VP candidate should use per day.

14 hours ago, Defiant said:

I guess, since VP candidates use the same pool of CP points, maybe the player would need to set how much CP the VP candidate should use per day.

Yes, this is one big consideration. I'll think about it.

• Upvote 1

id love to see some sort of interactive debate format in the game

like you get asked maybe 2-3 questions (and if you're a front runner in the primaries, 7-8 questions/attacks from other candidates) and you have to decide how to answer them based on your positions on various issues in the game.

not sure how your debate skill/issue knowledge would be affected, but would be interesting. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

id love to see some sort of interactive debate format in the game

like you get asked maybe 2-3 questions (and if you're a front runner in the primaries, 7-8 questions/attacks from other candidates) and you have to decide how to answer them based on your positions on various issues in the game.

not sure how your debate skill/issue knowledge would be affected, but would be interesting. 

Ya, this sort of request has been made often. It's tricky to do given the extremely open ended nature of campaigns, in a way that isn't entirely formulaic but still easy to implement for a campaign designer.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, Don said:

Hi! I think it would be great if you guys can make election night a little bit more like the real thing. Right now in the game candidates don't win electoral votes when states are final. Instead projected electoral votes are made and the candidates win and lose those electoral votes. They fluctuate. One moment you have more electoral votes than the other candidate and the next you lose them. I think states should get called out when they finish so that each candidate would get a steady increase of electoral votes. This way makes more sense to me, while the other makes things a little more confusing to me. Also like real life I think states should get called out from east to west instead of all over the place. That way is more familiar to me and would make things less confusing.

Yes, election night could use some tweaking. Feedback noted - thanks for this.