Feature You'd Most Like to See

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any thought about breaking up states into multiple sections for campaigning and results? For example, NY could be broken up into NYC, western NY, upstate NY, and eastern NY or something and you would be able to campaign and run ads in a specific area. And obviously NYC would be more important to campaign in because there would be more voters there. And perhaps to make it more interesting and give certain candidates advantages in rural vs. urban areas. 

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I think it would be cool. 

3 hours ago, MysteryKnight said:

Any thought about breaking up states into multiple sections for campaigning and results? For example, NY could be broken up into NYC, western NY, upstate NY, and eastern NY or something and you would be able to campaign and run ads in a specific area. And obviously NYC would be more important to campaign in because there would be more voters there. And perhaps to make it more interesting and give certain candidates advantages in rural vs. urban areas. 

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I think it would be cool. 

Yes! Media markets would be huge, especially considering many of my multi-county scenarios involve having to target dozens of counties. DMAs could solve that problem. 

4 hours ago, MysteryKnight said:

1 hour ago, mahlerman2000 said:

Yes! Media markets would be huge, especially considering many of my multi-county scenarios involve having to target dozens of counties. DMAs could solve that problem. 

A feature that would IMMENSELY handicap and inhibit custom scenario design and add no overly appreciable or necessary gain for doing so.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:41 AM, Patine said:

A feature that would IMMENSELY handicap and inhibit custom scenario design and add no overly appreciable or necessary gain for doing so.

Not the most important thing, but would be nice. Why would it inhibit custom scenario design?

37 minutes ago, mahlerman2000 said:

Not the most important thing, but would be nice. Why would it inhibit custom scenario design?

Because these "county clusters," and differing, "advertising markets," would have to be accounted for, calculated, and possibly arbitrarily replaced (probably in a clumsy way that would distort the scenario) if said custom scenario were an election in a different country or polity (such as a state or city) and/or a completely different election year. Basically, an extra burden of complication.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:51 AM, MysteryKnight said:

I like it but no thank you. It gets a bit annoying having to campaign in so many places in PMI, I play PI to avoid that lol.

4 minutes ago, buenoboss said:

Endorsers that control delegates

Convention only candidates

The ability to delete certain primaries

These features would be helpful for primaries in the 50's, 60's

And "Convention only candidates," would be very nice as a feature even long before the '50's - like back to the 1840's, it could be a very useful feature.

• 1 month later...

The ability to have different levels of "voter detail" for different parties.  The default of 1000 is fine for the Democrats and Republicans, but a higher number is needed for the smaller party primaries to work properly.  The higher number for the larger parties slows the game down, especially for scenarios like 2020 that have a many candidates.

The ability to turn spies and fog of war off by default.

Whenever you get to runoffs and primary runoffs, do you think it would be possible to have the option to ask for a runoff instead of it always being automatic, as well as for the AI to be able to ask? Some states have that option available in real life. Would that be too difficult to implement? Or would it be too pointless to, because I can see that as well. Just a thought I  had the other day.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:34 PM, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Whenever you get to runoffs and primary runoffs, do you think it would be possible to have the option to ask for a runoff instead of it always being automatic, as well as for the AI to be able to ask? Some states have that option available in real life. Would that be too difficult to implement? Or would it be too pointless to, because I can see that as well. Just a thought I  had the other day.

It wouldn't be too difficult to include the option to ask for one. Thanks for this feedback.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pilight said:

Considering that was the first request on this thread back in 2004, I wouldn't get my hopes up

I'm still waiting any sort of commitment of an ETA from @admin_270 for legislative electoral systems other than FPTP and the Australian system. He's been VERY recalcitrant about that for several years, for some reason. But I REALLY want the GREAT MAJORITY of elections in the world to be opened up fully to scenario making, and his inexplicable dodging of the issue is getting frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm still waiting any sort of commitment of an ETA from @admin_270 for legislative electoral systems other than FPTP and the Australian system. He's been VERY recalcitrant about that for several years, for some reason. But I REALLY want the GREAT MAJORITY of elections in the world to be opened up fully to scenario making, and his inexplicable dodging of the issue is getting frustrating.

Agreed. Just think of the potential scenarios we can all make if we had alternative voting systems besides FPTP. 

sigh

Someday! Hopefully.

22 hours ago, Patine said:

inexplicable

Totally inexplicable. Actually, I've repeatedly explained to you the reasons in detail.

At earliest, something like this would be after the Nov. elections. Maybe in 2021 I'll look seriously at this possibility.

• Like 1