Jump to content
270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

@admin_270 a great feature that I would like to see is making primaries based on popular vote instead of delegates :)

That way if a user desires to make a Gubernatorial or Senatorial scenario it could have a primary start date and be more realistic and not have the delegates.

I'd imagine that it shouldn't be too complicated to implement or add 😛

 

We'll see. Long list of things to do before I get to things like this, at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, alexconn0156 said:

I'd like to have a president infinity like epilogue like what the candidate who wins does in office as president.

You realize, of course, that would be a TONNE of programming work, and like other requests of that complexity, render fan-made, custom scenarios near impossible to produce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 2:50 PM, alexconn0156 said:

I'd like to have a president infinity like epilogue like what the candidate who wins does in office as president.

I don't know how that would work logistically, there would have to be a way to project that simply based on the game's outcome, I don't see how that would happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've probably mentioned this before, but ability to split electoral votes in President Infinity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 6:45 AM, admin_270 said:

Thanks for this feedback - noted. Surrogates might be a bit too difficult to keep going.

I never really got the point of surrogates, as far as the game is concerned, I think it adds an unnecessary complication, I've never been sure how to use them properly. Especially in Congress Infinity when they're the ONLY people who can campaign.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, Actinguy said:

 I can understand that.

One semi-related feature though that used to be in the 2008/2012 game and I'd love to see make a comeback:  declaring/undeclaring states on election night.

Florida (for example) would be called for Republicans...but then that call would be revoked, and it would be a toss up again, and then maybe it would go democrat (or back to Republican).  That made election night more exciting.  

 

To piggyback off of that, it seems that all states come back with their results at about the same time. Often a state will be called before 100% of votes are cast, but here, even a deep blue or deep red state with 90% of votes in can still "flip."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mahlerman2000 said:

Also can we have a bigger screen? Making the canvas larger, like maybe 1000x800 or something to that effect would dramatically increase the ability of us to make larger scenarios.

Do you mean a bigger map?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Do you mean a bigger map?

Yeah, like right now the 501x381 canvas works, but if it was expanded, my larger scenarios would work much nicer. (159 counties in Georgia comes to mind, and with a larger map I could actually make north be the top and not east)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a thought earlier today that I think might be a worthwhile addition to your list. Have you ever considered adding a "create a scenario" button? Where you click that and then pick a map you'd like to use (either native ones in the game or custom ones), and from there make everything from scratch. I believe that would be a bit easier than copying another scenario, then trimming it down. Might just be me though.

On the topic of native maps, I know that this would most definitely be far off in the future, but in the event you do make a "create a scenario" button or something like that, would you ever consider adding native maps of all fifty states? That might be better left for a bigger project though. US Infinity, perhaps? :P

All that being said, every now and then I have a lot of fun making scenarios despite the difficulty I have with it. I know popular vote primaries is a feature further down the road so I've been making scenarios where the competitors are each their own "party," turning the popular vote feature on and running it like it's a general election. Same for runoffs, I just run a game where there are a bunch of candidates, then run another game starting from the primaries end date with the two candidates on. Not quite the same but enjoyable all the same. Can't wait for it to all be doable in one game! :)

Looking forward to what lies ahead. Keep up the good work and stay safe man 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I had a thought earlier today that I think might be a worthwhile addition to your list. Have you ever considered adding a "create a scenario" button? Where you click that and then pick a map you'd like to use (either native ones in the game or custom ones), and from there make everything from scratch. I believe that would be a bit easier than copying another scenario, then trimming it down. Might just be me though.

On the topic of native maps, I know that this would most definitely be far off in the future, but in the event you do make a "create a scenario" button or something like that, would you ever consider adding native maps of all fifty states? That might be better left for a bigger project though. US Infinity, perhaps? :P

All that being said, every now and then I have a lot of fun making scenarios despite the difficulty I have with it. I know popular vote primaries is a feature further down the road so I've been making scenarios where the competitors are each their own "party," turning the popular vote feature on and running it like it's a general election. Same for runoffs, I just run a game where there are a bunch of candidates, then run another game starting from the primaries end date with the two candidates on. Not quite the same but enjoyable all the same. Can't wait for it to all be doable in one game! :)

Looking forward to what lies ahead. Keep up the good work and stay safe man 👍

Pretty much exactly what I suggested earlier (paraphrasing), and that is a feature in the old P4E2008. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Patine said:

Pretty much exactly what I suggested earlier (paraphrasing), and that is a feature in the old P4E2008. ;)

Ah, I see now. My bad, I clicked on the little blue button assuming it'd take me to new posts like always. Took me to the very last page and I just assumed I had already seen all the posts on the previous one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Is multiplayer ever going to be a possibility? I’d be ok with any multiplayer tbh, even if it was turn based over a long period instead of network based.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

Is multiplayer ever going to be a possibility? I’d be ok with any multiplayer tbh, even if it was turn based over a long period instead of network based.

I think there could *technically* be a local / hot seat multiplayer, just by assigning more than one candidate as "Human" and then passing a computer back and forth. If only any of my friends ever wanted to play with me lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like for a hot seat like that, but the hot seat can be hosted in a lobby and everyone makes their turns over the internet. Games can last days, and will sort of be similar to the RP threads in the forums. I think that would be awesome, and likely easier to do than live network play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

Is multiplayer ever going to be a possibility? I’d be ok with any multiplayer tbh, even if it was turn based over a long period instead of network based.

Yes - the new port should make networking significantly easier to implement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me if this has already been discussed:

I'd love to introduce specific demographics into the electorate.  That way, a candidate can build his/her campaign to target a specific demographic such as the youth vote, African American vote, Men, Women, elderly voters, Hispanic voters, white voters, etc.  The election results would need to reflect how each candidate did with each group as well.  Each state would need to be allocated the correct representation for each group too. 

Basically, it would be a very large expansion of the 'platform distance' aspect.  Even as I'm typing this, I'm realized how complicated it would be to implement, but it would be a really neat feature to be able to customize a campaign to some select demographics, and open up many more unique pathways to victory based on a specific candidates' platform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 11:13 AM, King of the North said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed:

I'd love to introduce specific demographics into the electorate.  That way, a candidate can build his/her campaign to target a specific demographic such as the youth vote, African American vote, Men, Women, elderly voters, Hispanic voters, white voters, etc.  The election results would need to reflect how each candidate did with each group as well.  Each state would need to be allocated the correct representation for each group too. 

Basically, it would be a very large expansion of the 'platform distance' aspect.  Even as I'm typing this, I'm realized how complicated it would be to implement, but it would be a really neat feature to be able to customize a campaign to some select demographics, and open up many more unique pathways to victory based on a specific candidates' platform.

Yes, this has been on the to-do list for awhile. It has been bumped most recently because of the port. It is still on the to-do list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 3:10 PM, mahlerman2000 said:

Yeah, like right now the 501x381 canvas works, but if it was expanded, my larger scenarios would work much nicer. (159 counties in Georgia comes to mind, and with a larger map I could actually make north be the top and not east)

The port doubles the size of the map, and then just scales up the existing maps. Should be straightforward once the port is done to allow designers to create more detailed maps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...