270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

Not really features:

Better sort options. Im learning so maybe ive not stumbled upon it yet.

Also list of insights available in ad creation menu.

After ad runs auto delete if it cant run again.

Interactive debates and interviews. 

Maybe add a small bonus if Leader and VP do rallys or speeches together in same state.  Add ability for leader and VP to do co-rallies, speeches, barnstorming, etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Ishan said:

Can there be a option like Targeted where you don't spend any points and you don't get any benefits other then making selecting ads WAY easier. 

Then what would stop you from targeting everywhere you didn't spend points like that - to become an ad-spamming giant?

1 hour ago, Ishan said:

Can there be a option like Targeted where you don't spend any points and you don't get any benefits other then making selecting ads WAY easier. 

Ya, there used to be a feature called 'Watchlist', which sounds like what you are describing. It might be brought back - feedback noted.

• 1 month later...

This isn't really a suggestion, more just me thinking out loud, but whenever popular voting and runoffs are implemented for the primaries it would be pretty cool if you could decide what you wanted the rounds to be. For example, you could make round one be based on the popular vote, so have every single state vote on one day, and then round two between the top two candidates would be decided through delegates over the course of months, as it currently is, or heck, you could have both be something that takes place over several months. Not really something I'm suggesting for the immediate future because I imagine it might be kind of difficult to implement, but it would be a neat feature I think :)

On 2/3/2020 at 4:37 PM, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Not really something I'm suggesting for the immediate future because I imagine it might be kind of difficult to implement, but it would be a neat feature I think

Ya, sounds like it would be difficult to implement, but interesting idea.

20 minutes ago, mahlerman2000 said:

When you do runoffs and PV primaries, do you plan to let users set the runoff threshold, or will you put it at 50? Because in some states, the threshold to avoid a runoff is 35-40%. 

It would be straightforward to add a variable for a runoff threshold.

In light of the drag suggestion, for PMI could there be a "Run All" button? This will make it so if you want to run a ad in all seats in a region you dont have to click all of them.

14 hours ago, guythatsacentrist said:

In light of the drag suggestion, for PMI could there be a "Run All" button? This will make it so if you want to run a ad in all seats in a region you dont have to click all of them.

The ads stuff will probably be reworked once the port is released.

• 1 month later...

@admin_270 I'd like to see the editors of the Infinity series games able to create "clean slate," scenarios - with no intrinsic scenario information, just a base shell, like the P4E2008 Campaigns Forever Editor could make, instead of every fan-based scenario having to be edited from a pre-extant one.

16 hours ago, Patine said:

@admin_270 I'd like to see the editors of the Infinity series games able to create "clean slate," scenarios - with no intrinsic scenario information, just a base shell, like the P4E2008 Campaigns Forever Editor could make, instead of every fan-based scenario having to be edited from a pre-extant one.

Ya, would be useful.

In addition to the stuff said here, it would be nice to have primary results exportable as csv like the general election, as well as an easier method. Especially for our scenarios with multiple states/counties, it can be quite cumbersome to get through 2-3 parties' 159-county Georgia primaries. 

On 3/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, mahlerman2000 said:

In addition to the stuff said here, it would be nice to have primary results exportable as csv like the general election, as well as an easier method. Especially for our scenarios with multiple states/counties, it can be quite cumbersome to get through 2-3 parties' 159-county Georgia primaries. 

Ya, primaries export would be nice - we'll see.

@admin_270 a great feature that I would like to see is making primaries based on popular vote instead of delegates :)

That way if a user desires to make a Gubernatorial or Senatorial scenario it could have a primary start date and be more realistic and not have the delegates.

I'd imagine that it shouldn't be too complicated to implement or add 😛