270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

Just now, admin_270 said:

@Patine

If you want to see the minor parties, you're welcome to mod the official campaign.

Yes, THAT disappointment is easy to fix. Adding a functional MMP or PR mod to PMI that actually works and enables a majority of my projected custom election scenarios to work properly is well beyond my power, however. The disappointments are notable in number...

Better Instant runoff system (just for PI). Should just be between the top two candidates. Is there any way I can do this manually?

And different electoral systems for CI and PMI like PR and thresholds.

40 minutes ago, Natalie said:

And different electoral systems for CI and PMI like PR and thresholds.

Don't forget MMP, the electoral system used, statistically, by the majority of legislative bodies in the world today chosen by free-and-fair, contested elections.

1 hour ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

MMP and PR would be a great addition as this would allow for more scenario creation. 

Time to start a Kickstarter 😛

It's not going to happen now. The port to a new tool-chain is underway, which is the #1 priority now. Once that is done, we'll be in primaries season, then build up to general election. Maybe after 2020.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

It's not going to happen now. The port to a new tool-chain is underway, which is the #1 priority now. Once that is done, we'll be in primaries season, then build up to general election. Maybe after 2020.

I'm not at all sure what a "tool chain" is, but I imagine my interest in it will be infintessimal compared to the tools to make custom scenarios for the majority of meaningful world elections...

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not at all sure what a "tool chain" is, but I imagine my interest in it will be infintessimal compared to the tools to make custom scenarios for the majority of meaningful world elections...

All games will not work on the new Mac operating system that will probably be released in October (without a virtual machine). I already have people e-mailing me who are using the Catalina beta.

This requires a complete port of the game to a new tool-chain (all the stuff that's used to make the games).

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

All games will not work on the new Mac operating system that will probably be released in October (without a virtual machine). I already have people e-mailing me who are using the Catalina beta.

This requires a complete port of the game to a new tool-chain (all the stuff that's used to make the games).

Ah, so blame it on the Rotten Apple, eh?

On 9/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, pilight said:

We need a drop dead date for undecided candidates to enter the primaries, after which they'll stop being included in the polls.  Also, once an undecided candidate is "not seeking" they should be out of the race and the polls.

Seconded.  I'd propose that time be August of the year before the election.  

This election (2020), the last person to throw their hat in was I think Steyer was the last to declare for the Democrats, and that was in July.  The last candidate to declare and poll at 5% or better right now was Biden back in late April -- who entered the race already as a known entity.  The latest an unknown entity was able to declare and still reach at least 5% was Pete Buttigieg in March.

I think an August cut-off is more than fair -- anyone who would be joining the real world election at this point in September would just be a laughing stock.

6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Again, the world doesn't revolve around you. 25% of the user base uses Macs.

This is going nowhere and I'm getting upset. You're trying to turn this entirely on me and avoid admitting any fault or responsibility in the matter at all or that your method of approaching game design is anything short of stellar and above reproach. I am logging to calm down before I potentially type something regrettable.