270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

Just now, CalebsParadox said:

That's a poor workaround, although a relatable attempt. It does not work efficiently and since it treats them both as completely different entities, they have different relations, strengths in each state, and popularity boosts and other candidates attacks. For example, a third party Ted Cruz is likely to receive little blast during the primaries. However, a regular Republican Party one will have near constant scandals, negative attack ads, negative spin, etc. Your support will never grow to be anything realistic, either. It's just not working, and it's really either go big or go home on this. 

Fair enough, I just thought it might help some people while its being developed, I enjoyed playing with it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Fair enough, I just thought it might help some people while its being developed, I enjoyed playing with it.

I'm not speaking ill of you whatsoever, I thank you for the attempt. It is just one of those things that really only works as an intended feature :P 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to mod the chances of the economy being weak, mediocre or strong. As far as I remember if you adjust a text file the scenario won't work or will crash or something.

26 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Feedback noted everyone. For VPs, I am planning to add platform centers. VPs have also been chosen for governing ability or their ability to help with legislation, these are difficult to emulate because they apply outside of the election.

On the note of VP's, what about (for fan made scenarios) elections that don't have running mates, but would still be ideal for this game engine in general (Senatorial, Gubernatorial in states where the Governor and Lt. Governor do not share a ticket, Mayoral, many foreign Presidential, etc.)? Also, maybe an optional way to work pre-12th Amendment historical US Presidential Elections, as well.

On 9/21/2016 at 5:58 PM, Jonathan Kudelka said:

@admin_270 I want to make CI scenarios starting from the first congress but you can only add one person per party... perhaps in a future update you can have it so multiple people from one party can run? This would also make for cool what if? scenarios

33 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Jonathan Kudelka

Re multiple people running from the same party,

Do you mean similar to the current California Senate race (D vs. D)?

If so, it might happen. From the perspective of the game player as far as winning or a highscore, though, it doesn't really matter who wins.

Or Louisiana and Washington too.

6 minutes ago, QuickHead555 said:

I really wish to see network play, I heard that the game had it in the past and it seems like it would be great to have now.

100% agree especially how tight knit this community is,itd be great to play with you all.

39 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

100% agree especially how tight knit this community is,itd be great to play with you all.

I'd love to rumble with you and others especially my good friends @Patine and vcczar!:)

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

@QuickHead555

I like the idea of networking also, but it would take a lot of work. Perhaps at some point in the future.

(No official version of a past game had networking. A prototype did, but it eventually proved unworkable.)

good i like to have online version what expectative to this after all bugs?

I'd love the ability to drop out of the race and be able to stay in the game. This can create some new possibilities; such as-

1. Later in the race, you can endorse someone then campaign with/ for them ( Not be them, but be yourself and play as a surrogate)

2. You could be chosen to be VP pick. Which then you could accept or decline.

3. Raise funds and essentially run as a Super-Pac for or against candidates.

4. A random event could happen where if you dropped out of a primary, supporters of the candidate would try to get him on the ballot in states as an Independent. In a way, like what Ross Perot did in 92'.

I also wish to see the ability to drop out in the General Election. If you were to drop out last minute, you name would still be on the ballot so you would still get votes in the election. This could also create possibilities like;

1. The RNC/DNC or whatever party the candidate is in scrambles to replace you while you sit there and watch the chaos ensue.

2. Drop out on the last week of the election, and hand the election to the other nominee after an elaborate plan to win the primaries and give Clinton the presidency.

3. You could temporarily suspend your campaign, and reenter at a later date. (McCain 08')

36 minutes ago, QuickHead555 said:

2. Drop out on the last week of the election, and hand the election to the other nominee after an elaborate plan to win the primaries and give Clinton the presidency.

Have you been listening to my stepdad's theory about Trump?;)

I can't believe I just thought of this, but how about electoral vote splitting?  Trump has a real chance at Maine-2nd this year.  Also I think it would be kind of fun to play a campaign where all votes are by congressional district instead of by state and see what happens. :)

I think that the Election Night should be more detailed. And I feel there should be an option to have a longer election night, so you can watch as the results come in, and have the different news networks make projections for states.

First of all, I believe once you add the voting blocs, there should be exit polls for each state that is considered a battleground. You could also choose to have your campaign create exit polls for certain states on election day.

States should also have different rates of returning results. And Absentee and Early Voting should also be accounted for at the beginning. The states also update their results at a very slow rate of 10 minutes per update, I believe it should be 1 minute.

Instead of the election being called in the end, states should be called if the leader is ahead by a large margin, and if they have at-least 270 electoral votes,  then the election is called then. If the states get close again, maybe within 1-2%. then the call can be removed. Also, if voting is still going on when the election is called, then the states that are still voting should have that factored in.

A concede defeat button should be available too, and you have the option to go up to the stage and say a few things to your supporters.

If nobody reached 270 electoral votes, then the game should continue on until the electoral votes are counted and then have the house vote one by one on who they want to be president. I think this is more realistic then just having them elected because they have a majority, because if they have low favorability ratings, they may be more likely to give votes to a third party.