270soft Forum

Electoral vote distribution in President Infinity

RI Democrat

• 8 months later...

Sorry for the extremely late response -- yes, all states can be changed into a proportional allocation method. Just replace FPP with PR. One caveat - it won't be quite the same as a national popular vote - you'd have to adjust the electoral votes so it's closer to the eligible voters, i.e if a state has 180,000 registered voters but 3 electoral votes you need to give it 180 so it'll be more direct. You'd have to do the same with all 50 states too.

• 5 months later...

I don't think that option is available any more.  I actually asked in a different thread for electoral votes per Congressional district rather than by state (as in ME and NE).  Hopefully we'll have it someday.

• 8 months later...
On 5/15/2016 at 3:02 PM, SirLagsalott said:

Sorry for the extremely late response -- yes, all states can be changed into a proportional allocation method. Just replace FPP with PR. One caveat - it won't be quite the same as a national popular vote - you'd have to adjust the electoral votes so it's closer to the eligible voters, i.e if a state has 180,000 registered voters but 3 electoral votes you need to give it 180 so it'll be more direct. You'd have to do the same with all 50 states too.

@admin_270 why was this option removed?