270soft Forum

What are your thoughts on a fictional scenario with more states?

As you might know there were some partition and secession proposals in US history. :)
The most interesting of them I think were the States of Absaroka, Jefferson and Seqouyah. For more Information please visit Wikipedia. For unknown reason I can't insert a link here :(
When the map editor will be included in the next update I thought on creating such a scenario, if I can figure out how to change the map ^^ Maybe I'll add Puerto Rico, Guam, US VI and so on too in the main election. I thought on 7 EVs for PR and 3 for all other Islands..

Personally I think those islands would be blue states. This could be balanced by creating the states mentioned above. I think they would tend to be red states, especially the State of Absaroka. I'm not sure on the EVs of this states...

Are you interested in such a scenario? Do you have any suggestions? :)

I look forward to hear from you. :)

I actually have done theoretical future scenarios that have had more states, but, again, I did these for P4E2008, where editing the map was a lot easier. Also, if I did decide to take up my grand vision again, it would require, as it progressed, a LOT of changes to the US map, and the other national maps for the scenarios for it outside the US.

I actually have done theoretical future scenarios that have had more states, but, again, I did these for P4E2008, where editing the map was a lot easier. Also, if I did decide to take up my grand vision again, it would require, as it progressed, a LOT of changes to the US map, and the other national maps for the scenarios for it outside the US.

There release a map editor maker in a future update (an even better one) the PF2008. How did these work would you draw the map inset the picture? cause im planning on making mayoral and gubernatorial maps thansk :D

@ libertarianoftheusa Thanks! :)

@ Patine Yeah, I hope the map-editor will be easy to deal with. I could imagine so many scenarios, such as mayoral, senatorial, gubernatorial, more states, other countries... I would love to make, share and play them :D

Deseret would be very interesting too, imagine the tiny parts of Utah and Nevada left. :D

The original proposed borders of Deseret were far larger than that. Not only ALL of Utah and Nevada, but almost all of Arizona and New Mexico, big chunks of Wyoming, Colorado, and Idaho, and even a piece of Southern California including Los Angeles and San Diego (back when they were still small coastal towns). What's really funny is that when Brigham Young drew up that first proposal and sent it to Congress, the US didn't yet "legally" own most of that land, as the Treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo hadn't yet been signed.

Guam would probably be close because they have a Republican governor (and have had one since 2003), but their representative is Democrat (also since 2003). Northern Mariana Islands has a Republican governor (since 1998) and a Democrat representative (since 2009) although before that they had 2 Republican representatives.

@ Patine Sounds funny :D

@ jvikings1 Interesting information, thanks! That could be a thrilling race to get the Islands. I didn't know that ;)

Archived