270soft Forum

eRegime (currently running a 1994 world simulation game)

I've gotten permission to post this from anthony_admin.

http://eregime.org/index.php?act=idx

As of March 2020 there's a text-based, turn-based world simulation game set in 1994 called Balance of Power, where players join as countries, political parties, or militant groups (e.g. guerrillas, terrorists.)

eRegime has been in existence since 2012. It is a forum where users think up and run their own forum games, and there have been quite a few since its beginning. Some forum games are country simulations where players join as politicians, army officers, rebels, clergymen, trade-union leaders and whatnot. Others are based on the 1985 video game Balance of Power. Still others are based on whatever else the users themselves can come up with.

Anyone may run any sort of forum game he or she likes, and will be given full moderator powers over as many forum areas as they need for said game.

• 5 months later...

President Forever was brought up on eRegime, so I was reminded of this thread.

There are currently three games being run:
* Interwar Albania (started in 1920, currently in 1930)
* Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité (a French Revolution forum game)

* Metro 2033

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

President Forever got mentioned again on eRegime.

On October 1 a Cold War forum game is going to start on the forum. 50 people have signed up so far. I'm only bumping the thread because this game is the "staple" of eRegime, it doesn't come all that often.

Balance of Power XIII begins in January 1981. Players assume the role of countries, militant groups, political parties, or whatever other position they can think of. Every year is divided into Early (January - April), Mid (May - August) and Late (September - December) periods. Each turn lasts about four days in the real world.

The game is played by sending a private message to the Game Master (the person in charge of the game) with information on what actions you want to do for the turn. The GM will inform you how much an action costs in terms of credits or points, as well as their chance of success (from 1 to 10) and potential effects. Turn PMs may be formatted however one wishes, so long as it's legible to the GM.

So if someone wants to join as the GOP, or Democrats or something, that is possible.

52 minutes ago, Mrdie said:

President Forever got mentioned again on eRegime.

On October 1 a Cold War forum game is going to start on the forum. 50 people have signed up so far. I'm only bumping the thread because this game is the "staple" of eRegime, it doesn't come all that often.

So if someone wants to join as the GOP, or Democrats or something, that is possible.

What is this for? Can you explain, it looks interesting....

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I figure since it's been over a year, mentioning the latest eRegime game is okay.

It takes place in 1919; you can play as whatever country, party, or individual existed at the time.

We recently had to move from one forum software to another, so activity is only just starting to recover, but you can find it here: http://eregime.org/index.php?act=idx

Since it's been well over a year, I will bump this thread again to note that a world simulation set in 1994 is now running on eRegime, in which players join as countries, political parties, or militants of some kind (guerrillas, terrorist organizations.)

Next year there's going to be a world simulation set in 1945, and I actually intend to "integrate" it into President Infinity and Prime Minister Infinity, in the sense of using the latter to simulate certain elections (e.g. the Truman and Republican players would be able to "compete" indirectly as I input their actions into a modified 1948 scenario for President Infinity.) I figure it'll be an interesting experiment and make more people aware of 270soft.