270soft Forum

Denmark scenario

As a rookie scenario maker, I'm trying to make a scenario about Denmark. I've done everything except the map now, and I'm tinkering with that, to see if I can get it to work - without any luck, though. So I call upon you experts to perhaps tell me a thing or two:

I can run the first part without problems, but when the game turns to the map (after the candidate selection) I get an error message saying: 'Stream read error'. Then it enters the game screen, with a blank map and many faulted numbers, names etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Check the map configuration in region_variables.p4e

If the map positions are off the map, that could give you problems. That'd be my first place to check. Next would be to check to make sure that all the candidates have valid numbers for where they're from.

I have - to the best of my ability - corrected the region_variables.p4e file, but I still get the same error. The candidates do all have a valid home 'state'.

I have to place the mappos on the borders of regions, right? I have placed the dot correctly, at least to my knowledge.

If anyone have some time spare, where they could help me out, here's what I've done: http://hjem.get2net.dk/peter.loehmann/uni/p4e

Yea, the mappos always have be to within the borders. It doesn't matter where you put the coordinates, but anything within the black lines will then be considered part of that region. For non-state mainland bits, like islands, just add another set of coordinates to the list.

I see. Hmm...It didn't work when I had the coordinates within a region and it doesn't work with them on the border.

The colour of the map has to be uniform?

Argghh! So very frustrating :( *pulls hair out* I've now made a map that I can't see SHOULDN'T work, but now I get an error message saying 'Stream read error.'

If it isn't too much to ask, could someone please review the files? I'm at loss as to what has gone wrong :-/

Files here: http://hjem.get2net.dk/peter.loehmann/uni/p4e/

Cheers Ralph :) I can't go e-mailing Tony about it, as scenarios aren't something he is obliged to offer support about.

I've tried to compare what I've done to other scenarios and those that come with the game, but haven't found any discrepancies...