270soft Forum

President Infinity Load Game Bug

Today, I have came across a game breaking bug. Tried loading a saved game I spent a fair amount of time on (2016 scenario). When I go to load the game, the message that says "loading game..." comes up. The pop-up disappears, however the game will NOT load. Instead, I am met with the title screen, and cannot close the game. To close the game, I have to open task-manager, right-click on the program then click "end task". Uninstalling then installing the application does not help at all and the issue still occurs.

This has happened before on my laptop running the Windows 10 Technical preview. I thought nothing of the issue given maybe the application was conflicting with pre-released software. And now, this is occurring on my everyday desktop (Windows 8.1). Has anyone experienced this? And can this be fixed in time for the next version?

I had a great game going, playing as Santourm and giving the rest of my Republican opponents a run for their money. I hope this can be fixed sooner than later.

The way for us to look at this is to zip up the save game files (you need all of them, so if the save file name is "pi.sav", the files will be called "pi.sav" and then a series of files prefixed with "pi.sav_" and then each candidate's name). Zip these files up, attach the zipped file to an e-mail, and send it to us ( http://270soft.com/contact ).

I have sent an email with the requested files. I was able to load the game yesterday..very odd this is happening.