270soft Forum

Help with a scenerio

Like issues, and issue positions. And then things for fundraising and campaign strength. If you can help me find this stuff, it will be greatly appreciated. and stuff like population and eligible voters in each state. As well as the state's position on the issues. I am creating this scenario.

I did an 1824 scenario for the old 2008 version of P4E a long time ago, which I still have. However, I'm willing to bet you don't have the old edition, so best I could do you is send you what I have and you could read the .xml files directly, though the format of what goes where is somewhat different between the editions.

Okay, let me dig it up. But first, two important notes.

1) Please, do not re-write my flavour text for the intro, candidate bios, issue stances, events, and endorser descriptions word-for-word. I've seen this happen too often on these strategy game forums. I have no idea whether you, or any new poster, would do such, so I have to put it out there. Please put the campaign and it's components in your own words as much as you can.

2) I don't think the exploit I used that sometimes worked in P4E 2008 that allowed all four candidates to actually be members of the same party (Democratic-Republican) and proceed from the primaries to the general election without anyone dropping out or having to choose a definite veep, but carrying their personal percentages into the GE, just by setting the state primary and party convention dates outside the scope of the scenario (I believe we called that exploit "jungle primaries" in the day; it also required an anemic "paper candidate" party that couldn't win; I used Senator Thomas Clayton of Delaware as an "unofficial" Federalist) will actually work in the 2016 edition. I imagine Anthony's closed that loophole. Thus, I imagine you'll have to have a separate "party" for each of the four candidates, even though historically they were all of the same party.

I have used different parties. But they are named Democratic-Republican "insert candidate's name" I am also not doing primaries. I may put in candidates that are turned off but can be used(like James Monroe).

I will not copy you. I have it pretty much set up. I just need an idea for data. I have text ready, endorsers ready, bios ready, and intro text ready. All I need is state and candidate data.