270soft Forum

Prime Minister Infinity FEEDBACK

PM2015

A useful addition would be to be able to scroll through candidates in a single constituency on election night, especially if you have more than 8 parties (only 8 seem to show up).

I am not sure how possible it would be to add more that one independent or representative of a party per consituency. UK council election wards usually have multiple candidates for multiple seats and especiialy in the PM's seat in GEs loads of independent candidates often stand.

It all runs really well since the latest update, 2.01 though :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some of my old PM4E2008 scenarios, if Independents were seen in multiple numbers the same constituency, I liked to create several "Independent" parties to group them so as to work that out. However, when the official parties mixed with the several Independent "grouping" parties exceeded 16 (the hard-coded limit in the old PM4E for Canada, the UK, and Australia, as well as the Chancellor Forever engines), it became problematic. I don't know, myself, if PMI has a hard-coded party limit or not.

In some of my old PM4E2008 scenarios, if Independents were seen in multiple numbers the same constituency, I liked to create several "Independent" parties to group them so as to work that out. However, when the official parties mixed with the several Independent "grouping" parties exceeded 16 (the hard-coded limit in the old PM4E for Canada, the UK, and Australia, as well as the Chancellor Forever engines), it became problematic. I don't know, myself, if PMI has a hard-coded party limit or not.

Many thanks for this, that is a useful suggestion. I am thinking that for the council wards scenario, creating separate Lib/Lab/Con parties who can stand in the same wards etc.with good relations to reduce the chance of them attacking each other.

One more question, does anyone know if the 'get on ballot' activity is disabled or how it can be disabled. I've never seen an event show up for it. It should be disabled for the UK default scenario or the SNP could end up standing in London if starting early in the campaign. It would make things very interesting though :)

EDIT;

This does work, I just got the SNP on the ballot in an Outer London constituency, it may well be a bug if the AI can do this also.

@Daons,

I think it's fun to let players try to get on the ballot in London as the SNP - as far as I know, the SNP could, in fact, try to get on the ballot outside of Scotland if they wanted to. I do not believe the AI tries to do this, though. If you experience it happening, please let me know.

I just bought this. I have a suggestion that would make the game easier. In-game on the constituency view you can filter seats that you're targeting. You can't filter seats that you're standing in.

Also any chance the next update to the scenario editor could involve the ability to make new regions and/or seats within it?

What's the name of the candidate if you get on the ballot in a constituency where your party doesn't have someone already running?

One minor suggestion for this game, in light of what just happened IRL, might be to increase the margin of error for public polling and perhaps give the Conservatives a higher "committed" percentage for their candidates than Labour or the Lib Dems.

The name for new candidates is just "unknown".

I am modifying the base game, set up a scenario and everything and it all appears to work right through to the election night but I cannot save. It just says: "Unable to write to specified save game file." I can see no flaws in my scenario editing.

Couple Queries:

1. Custom Scenarios don't appear to be able to save. You just get "Unable to write to specified save game file." Moved my scenario to the Program Files folder and still no change in that.

2. Does PR work? It is an option in the scenario editor and I've tried experimenting in multiple ways to make a fundamental elect a couple of people proportionally. Each time I set one up to hold a multitude of seats the party with the plurality takes them all. There does not seem to be a way for the game to understand two candidates under one party either which is what I thought was linked here.

3. Can you release an update that allows the user to hide on the map abbreviations and momentum? If you've got a lot of small regions the names and circles can mess it up. The work-around is to move the abbreviation location to 0,0 or something or put nothing in the abbreviation but that leads to your regions having no names in the regions.

Thanks.

@Skavau,

1. Thanks for this - noted. Are you saying when you create a custom campaign, then go to play it, you're unable to save it while playing?

2. I don't believe PR is functional for PMI - it simply shouldn't be an option there, I've made a note to remove it.

3. This is more a map design issue. I recommend creating a map so things aren't clustered too much - perhaps using inset maps.

@Patine,

Yes - if the Sinn Fein leadership decided to try to contest English constituencies, I don't think there's anything stopping them. If I'm wrong about this in terms of U.K. electoral law, I'm happy to be corrected.

There is a separate register for Northern Ireland parties. If you look for Sinn Fein in the register of political parties here: http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/ you will see that they are registered in Northern Ireland only.

@anthony_admin

1. Correct

2. That's a shame. Including it would add a lot of variety.

3. I appreciate that but I split the UK up into counties and rather than using insets everywhere, the option to just untick "show abbreviations on map" would be nice.

@Manic,

Yes, but couldn't Sinn Fein simply sign up for registers outside of NI if they wanted to?

@Skavau,

It's difficult for me to say what's going on in this case. It seems you are directly editing the XML, which means there could be all sorts of things being changed that could lead to a save problem.

I recommend holding off on these sorts of campaigns until the Campaign Editor allows for map changes. At that point, we'll be able to bug test the process of changing maps, adding and removing regions, and so on.

@anthony_admin

I have been editing the XML but the save errors happened prior to me doing so. There's also a bug whereby whenever I add a new candidate for a party an error pops up, implying it has failed. But it hasn't. The new candidate is there - I just have to change party and then go back to see the new candidate added.

Would it be possible to add something along the lines of a watch list that would let us tag a group of seats for the purpose of filtering in the strategy and advertising windows, without allocating financial resources the way targeting does? As it is, if I want to run an ad in, say, 150 seats, it actually takes me 150 separate mouse-clicks to do so. This might also be helpful for directing crusaders where to go.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...