270soft Forum

2012-Minnestoa's 6th

Michele Bachmann, representative of Minnesota's 6th Congressional district, earlier in 2011 launched a campaign for President of the United States. Despite winning the Iowa Straw Poll, she failed to maintain her momentum, lost the Iowa Caucus, and withdrew soon after. She is now running for re-election in Minnesota's 6th district, a post she had held since 2007. Will Bachmann's failed campaign for president hurt her chances and possibly cause her the seat, or will she maintain her seat and serve 2 more years in Congress?

This is a scenario I have always wanted to see in P4E16...that inspired me to start this project. I plan not only to realistically model the actual election that occurred (to the best of my ability), but include at some point the 2014 race that is taking place in MN-06. I myself am a huge Michele Bachmann fan, and that is why of all races, I choose this one- a fairly interesting, medium profile race. This benefits everyone. Maybe...you hate Bachmann and wished the outcome of the election was different...YOU CAN defeat her in this hopefully-soon-to-be-released-scenario...or you are fan of Bachmann and want to blow the Democrats out of the water. You can also do that. Possibly...maybe you are a Republican who does not like Bachmann and want to challenge her in primaries. I plan to add the low-profile candidate that challenged her...but I warn you...this could be extremely difficult.

Credits:
VanMav- assistance with map drawing.
Patine- assisted with map error.
Anthony- assisted with map error.

Edited by Dallas

I will send the scenario out to "testers" as soon as I get a working version.

Edited by Dallas

Calling all experienced/semi-experienced map designers...

http://prntscr.com/3nl81e

http://prntscr.com/3nl7w5

These links are the maps. The first one contains what is supposed to show up in the actual game.

Second link shows the map that actually shows up in the game.

Any ideas?

Edited by Dallas

The issue with my map is fixed thanks to Patine and. Anthony's assistance. I project the scenario to be released in 5 days for testers.

Ahh...My home in Minnesota's 6th. I grew up in Streans County up there. So I was there first hand. Its was a very close race for her in '12 against Jim Graves. Mainly because Graves is very Conservative for a DEM and as I said experiencing it her run for upper office seemed to hurt her a lot at home. 2014 should be much easier for her successor I feel. If need any help or testers I'd definitely be interested in trying it. stcloudts@gmail.com

Ahh...My home in Minnesota's 6th. I grew up in Streans County up there. So I was there first hand. Its was a very close race for her in '12 against Jim Graves. Mainly because Graves is very Conservative for a DEM and as I said experiencing it her run for upper office seemed to hurt her a lot at home. 2014 should be much easier for her successor I feel. If need any help or testers I'd definitely be interested in trying it. stcloudts@gmail.com

Yes, I was learning this about Graves during my search for his background. From what I understand, he was getting endorsements from Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. Quite impressed, but I still supported Bachmann.

I mostly need help with the "seats" from each country: Stearns, Anoka, Washington, Wright, Benton, Sherburne, and Carver. And possibly well-known endorses in the state. I need accurate or almost accurate seat for the general election and primary election. Despite searching on the internet, I found nothing with this information. Anything, even a little will help. Thanks.

Given Congressional Seats don't have electoral votes, you could do what I've done in my Gubernatorial and Senatorial, as well as foreign Presidential, scenarios and have one "EV" equivalent for each certain number of people (rounded off somewhere) for each county. I don't think there's much other alternative until and if TheorySpark incorporates PR elections in this engine.

Given Congressional Seats don't have electoral votes, you could do what I've done in my Gubernatorial and Senatorial, as well as foreign Presidential, scenarios and have one "EV" equivalent for each certain number of people (rounded off somewhere) for each county. I don't think there's much other alternative until and if TheorySpark incorporates PR elections in this engine.

I do not understand...could you provide a example?

I do not understand...could you provide a example?

For example, in my Senatorial scenarios (I've finished two Washington ones and one Florida one, as well as half-finished Connecticut and Delaware ones), I had one "EV" slot for each 4000 people in the each county, rounding off. This has the unfortunate side-effect of causing every "EV" in said county to go to the same candidate in the GE, but, without PR distribution in the GE at this point, it's the best that can be done.

For example, in my Senatorial scenarios (I've finished two Washington ones and one Florida one, as well as half-finished Connecticut and Delaware ones), I had one "EV" slot for each 4000 people in the each county, rounding off. This has the unfortunate side-effect of causing every "EV" in said county to go to the same candidate in the GE, but, without PR distribution in the GE at this point, it's the best that can be done.

Thanks! PR distribution is included in the candidate editor...now I am experiencing Vice Leader errors... :mellow:

Edited by Dallas

I've seen that error before, back in P4E 2008. In fact, I've gotten it a few times.

I'm afraid it usually means a text error (think old '80's "syntax errors" back in BASIC) in the Macro Language of an XML file.

It looks like I solved the issues...

Edited by Dallas
  • 8 months later...