270soft Forum

Creating Maps for District Elections

I would like to make a scenario featuring either the 2012 6th Congressional district. Any tips on how I can do this?

Find a blank map for the district and edit it according to instructions found in the forums, to start with. If you're not comfortable with editing the xml files, I suggest waiting until the Campaign Editor is developed further.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tayya would you mind creating the map? Credit would be given, and you would be the first one to test the scenario, if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

@Tayya I cannot find a blank map for MN's 6th Congressional District. Is their a way I can "erase" highway/main road lines off of the map?

• 1 month later...

So, I created my first congressional district map...and I am stuck at the moment. It seems like I cannot change the color of a specific county. The paint fill changes the entire color of the district instead. Any help?

Never mind, I remembered the district changes to red or blue depending on the candidates. Now, if someone could tell me how I could edit the files and implement the map, then I can start making a MN 06 2012 Congressional race.

Are their ANY experienced map makers that can give me an idea how to edit the xml. files?