270soft Forum

Campaign Data

admin_270

We have started a spreadsheet here.

See the Candidates, Issues, and so on tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

If you want to suggest additions or modifications, you can post comments on this thread.

The editors of the spreadsheet will then update it (if applicable).

Big props to vcczar for initial work on this project!

Candidates suggestion:

2000 - Sen. Paul Wellstone, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Gov. Howard Dean, Rep. Dick Gephardt, Sen. Bob Kerrey (Democrats)

2012 - Rep. Dennis Kucinich (Democrat), Fmr. Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Mr. Herman Cain, Fmr. Gov. Sarah Palin, Fmr. Gov. Mike Huckabee (Republicans)

Comments on endorsers:

Blanche Lincoln would probably be a conservative Democrat, IIRC she talked about filibustering Obamacare and was a general pain for the Democrats pre-2010, leading to the Bill Halter incident.

Is Pete Wilson centrist enough to be liberal, considering immigration as an issue?

Dianne Feinstein is no liberal - she's clearly closer to the average Democrat than to Boxer and she is rather hawkish. I'd put her as an average Democrat.

Mitt Romney as Governor of Massachusetts might have been liberal enough to be colored pink.

I never saw Stabenow as anything but a mainstream Democrat.

Christine Todd Whitman was also relatively centrist, she's a no labels-advocate these days.

Gordon Smith and Tom Ridge are also often touted as "moderates". So is Jim Douglas, like all VT Republicans.

Was Herb Kohl that conservative?

@Tayya

Obviously, the political spectrum for these politicians is subject to debate. I'm making my decisions based off of wikipedia mostly. If they are mentioned as being very moderate, or conservative, or liberal, or progressive, then I color them as such. In addition to wikipedia, I'm also using accredited websites ranking senators on how liberal and conservative they've been in their voting.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll re-review any endorser that anyone mentions. The final say, is Anthony, obviously because he's making the game. I made this just to help him create scenarios faster.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived