270soft Forum

Scenario editing advice.

I am creating a 1788 election. The game ran fine until I deleted the issues down to 11 and then renamed the remaining 11. Now an error message pops up when I try to go past the first turn?

1) Why is this?

2) How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Bump. If anyone can help it would be great. Otherwise, I've lost my scenario and about a weeks worth of work. If anyone can solve this it will be greatly appreciated.

It might be because the pictures for the issues in the issue_images folder are named for the 2012/6 images. If that is the problem, just rename the images and make sure the IDs for the issues are consistent with the names of the images. That was the problem with the 1972 scenario made by SANC and I was changing all the names just today.

If that's not it, e-mail 270soft. I hope you get it solved, it sounds like a good scenario!

I just did this as you suggest; however, now I get the error message that the abortion image cannot be found, even though I don't have that issue and I renamed the abortion image to match with one of my issue's IDs. I double-checked as well.

I'm sorry to see there's a problem with my scenario. I've given up on President Forever 2016 and now I'm planning scenarios for the next British Prime Minister Forever assuming there will be one which I expect there will.

I'm sorry to see there's a problem with my scenario. I've given up on President Forever 2016 and now I'm planning scenarios for the next British Prime Minister Forever assuming there will be one which I expect there will.

Giving up? How come? P4E16 is a great game and we need more scenario designers.

I only ever found it a slightly good game and I've mentioned before what I don't like about the game (too easy, just target, build up organisational strength and footsoldiers as much as possible everywhere, getting endorsed by people even solidly on the other side, ads are too powerful and the AI doesn't target or build quite as much as I do which is all the time but still I'd expect it to keep up as best it can and dark blue is a boring colour plus having as much as over 20 momentum in one rally and you can do 3 all in one turn though the AI never seems to do this or build up its debating, issue familiarity or campaign.) The difficulty has been boosted lately but I'd given up before then. The engine is far better than the last British game (virtually no crashes in P4316 as opposed to about once a game) but the other faults remain but the main thing is there's just something about the game that doesn't grip me the way P4E British 2010 did; maybe because it's in practice a 2 horse race everywhere as reflects reality but in British the major parties don't run in Northern Ireland and have the added challenge of nationalists in Scotland and Wales so that makes things more interesting. I was thinking of doing 1984 next but thought it too daunting to port. If there's a Chancellor Forever 2013 I think I'll get that as well. I'm not sure if I can be of any help as I don't have P4E16 any more but if I can someone can let me know (I can't make maps to save my life though).

I have not thought about that. Before, I never thought about developing a scenario and releasing it, but I saw the lack of scenarios for P4E16 and wanted to somehow get the rest of the community to get on board as well...

Bump. If anyone can help it would be great. Otherwise, I've lost my scenario and about a weeks worth of work. If anyone can solve this it will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried adding more issues one by one and seeing if it will work then?

Also, I would check the issue names and make sure the issue names you have in any events for Day 1 or Day 2 are correctly named. If you have a non-existent issue in a new story that will crash the game.

• 2 weeks later...

President Forever 2016 is not a finalized product - it is being continuously improved, and it will continue to be improved and expanded, including the game mechanics you are mentioning, probably right up to and past the 2016 election.

I only ever found it a slightly good game and I've mentioned before what I don't like about the game (too easy, just target, build up organisational strength and footsoldiers as much as possible everywhere, getting endorsed by people even solidly on the other side, ads are too powerful and the AI doesn't target or build quite as much as I do which is all the time but still I'd expect it to keep up as best it can and dark blue is a boring colour plus having as much as over 20 momentum in one rally and you can do 3 all in one turn though the AI never seems to do this or build up its debating, issue familiarity or campaign.) The difficulty has been boosted lately but I'd given up before then. The engine is far better than the last British game (virtually no crashes in P4316 as opposed to about once a game) but the other faults remain but the main thing is there's just something about the game that doesn't grip me the way P4E British 2010 did; maybe because it's in practice a 2 horse race everywhere as reflects reality but in British the major parties don't run in Northern Ireland and have the added challenge of nationalists in Scotland and Wales so that makes things more interesting. I was thinking of doing 1984 next but thought it too daunting to port. If there's a Chancellor Forever 2013 I think I'll get that as well. I'm not sure if I can be of any help as I don't have P4E16 any more but if I can someone can let me know (I can't make maps to save my life though).

I understand this but the die is cast, I think I just had a burst of interest in US politics because of the election finally happening and partly out of a need to know what the internet is on about and I partly got the game to have a Forever game to play after I gave up on British, certainly P4E16 has a near flawless engine as opposed to the one bug almost every game British. I'm going to dedicate my time to thinking of ideas to make the next British game far better than the last, a challenge certainly but worth it. I also plan on getting the next Chancellor Forever game if one comes out.