270soft Forum

I have begun work on a 1968 scenario for p4e-2016. I would appreciate play testers once I have the first draft completed.

Cheers,

-Bear

If you would like to help compiling a list of Governors and Senators from 1968 and posting them here would save me some time.

Cheers,

-Bear

How do you plan to handle RFK's candidacy?

He's turned on but I am including George McGovern turned off, who supported him but entered the race after Bobby's assassination. So the scenario can be played with RFK through the end or with McGovern in his stead, or neither if the user prefers.

Not the cleanest approach I admit, but I suspect people who play the '68 scenario would actually like to know if Bobby could win.

The more fascinating issue I have been tossing around as I build this is Humphrey. LBJ is included but can be turned off and Humphrey can run. But Humphrey didn't "run", not in the normal way we expect today. While LBJ did enter the NH primary, Humphrey just went around to Daley and other party bosses and collected delegates, refusing to face RFK or McCarthy. He did have surrogates like Smathers and Branigan face them, ensuring their delegates - if they win their home states get to HH is an issue I think I have solved.

With only 11 primaries, most of the delegates came from party machinery - most loyal to LBJ and the HH after LBJ';s withdrawal. (Of course I could always sacrifice that historical aspect and include 53 primaries, but I think it takes away a bit of the flavor. Not certain yet how to handle that).

This year was is so fascinating on so many levels I'm really enjoying all the possibilities.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,

-Bear