270soft Forum

Disable Scandals

daons

Hi,

Does any one know of a way to disable scandals apart from reducing the corruption attribute as I'm testing something with PR primaries and the number of scandals is ridiculous - i.e. loss in momentum by 9 points minimum for most parties.

Thanks

I don't think this is possible, there's a base chance of scandals and I doubt that can be removed. The closest one could get would be to put everybody's integrity at 5 and corruption and research strength at 1 while turning spies off. I agree that scandals pop up too often though which is why I set most candidates' corruption to 1.

That is very strange, as when doing this, only a few days in to the primary campaign the leading party/candidate gets a massive corruption scandal and other strong candidates get campaign collapses due to leadership issues. It makes no sense as the one who gets hit the most has 5s in all stats and least corrupt etc. Plus all candidates are in coalition with each other so I have no idea who researches these scandals on who?

FPP also causes the same problem as PR??

Any ideas

Difficulty level is also an issue. On easy scandals pop up more often regardless of who's the player or who's the computer though even taking this and all the above into account the base chance of scandals is way too high, there tends to be only a handful of scandals on any one party in any one election apart from voter fraud allegations but in this game you can't choose to do that though an option to do so is being considered.

Update - I think i've found a few ways to tone down the scandals.

Firstly make sure the general election day is a significant way away from the primary vote.

Second edit this line in scenario.xml - chance_scandal_exhausts_itself_per_day 10

10 equaling 10% chance. Interestingly 99% tones it down very well - still leaving room for big scandals to manifest.

I've found that really big scandals are the only way to stop Hillary getting the nomination if she's on. It's always to get a turn two power 9 scandal about her come up. Spend a week spinning it and the Dem vote gets hit pretty hard, making it much easier to win the general as a Republican.

Archived