270soft Forum

South Carolina's 1st District

Tayya

I need help on downloading this scenario. I Saved As to the user created scenarios folder and when I go to start a new game, it is not showing up. Have I missed something?

Great scenario! Could you change the starting campaign cash for the Green Party (when starting in the general election) from $10,000 to $20,000-$25,000? Error report: when trying to view national endorsers, I got the "Index Out of Bounds" error. and For future scenarios, could you add the Congressional Race of MN's 6th Congressional district (2012)? It would be fun to go against Jim Graves as Michele Bachmann..

I gave the Greens a little money, but they're supposed to be poor. If the editor could handle decimals, they'd have lower percentages, so they shouldn't be too powerful.

MN-06 is an interesting possibility. The next scenarios I will work on is 2000 Presidential, just for fun and because it's progressed pretty far, and then VA-Gov '13.

Removed Kirsten Gillibrand as an endorser, fixing the error.

Great! Which third parties are you currently planning to add to the 2000 Presidential? Ralph Nader under the Green Party would be great to add, and I would give him at the most 2% (national).

Could you add Sarah Palin and Nancy Pelosi as endorsers?

Sorry, I was getting Sarah mixed with the Senate race. But it would make sense to add her, because she endorse candidates and donates money to them every congressional and senatorial race cycle, aka, Palin Effect. Just an idea. and, possibly add the Libertarian Party if they had a candidate running for that district.

I think Palin could be relevant in 2010, but she's lost a fair bit of her attention since then. I didn't see her in any article about the race. All the included endorsers did, as far as I know, endorse a candidate in the special election. The Libertarians weren't running.

When will your next scenario for President Forever 2016 be available to play? You do a outstanding job, and one question, do you know why there are very few scenarios for President Forever 2016?

I have only the region data left for 2000, but it's a lot of data to fill in especially with regional issue centers. It will probably be ready for open beta in a few weeks.

Thanks. ^^ I think the biggie is the lack of an editor for the political units and other areas without editor capability at the moment. And the editor might be able to be tweaked to be more user friendly as well, people are used to Campaigns Forever which is very straight forward, like for example editing party percentages while editing a party. Hopefully the editor could be made so that one could edit that and other things from more than one place, to make scenario creating easier.

Then it's all about getting the community on a roll.

I don't mean to seem helpless, but how do you create a scenario as well as creating a map? I am semi-interested into it.

You have to create a map in Paint, Photoshop or another photo-editing program, preferably based off blank maps that can be easily found on the internet. It requires a fair deal of experience to make it nice-looking, though. I'd recommend that you stick with a map set in the United States. Then most of the editing can be done in the in-game editor.

Start with adding a candidate to an existing scenario, I'd suggest. Mess around with the editor and you'll learn in due time.

Do you mind helping me with percentages on my U.S Presidential Election - 2008? Ik how to do national percentages, but when it comes to state-by-state percentages, I get confused.

I am also having problems with the endorsers. When I start the scenario, they will not show up on the endorses screen. (both national and state endorsers). Maybe you can check it out? http://scenarios.270soft.com/2013/07/11/u-s-presidential-election-2008-2/

I can email the scenario to you if you want. I deleted the scenario on the website and having 270soft looking at the error.

So, if I wanted to do a a scenario of MN's 6th Congressional District (2012) I would need to find a map of it...? Sry, i'm very new to this. I am experienced with adding candidates, and I think with the 2008 scenario that I am trying to create, is not going well. Maybe I need to start small such as the congressional race I listed above?

Put in the numbers from the PF2008 scenario and it should be fine.

I suggest you mail 270soft for these kinds of things. Anthony's paid to work with the game, I'm not.

For the record - definitely start with a Presidential scenario. Maybe a fictional one, where historical accuracy isn't as important.

Sorry if I'm a bother. I just thought I could get advice from a experience, scenario-creator like yourself. Maybe you could make a simple guide for starters? It would be really help if their was one.

Archived