270soft Forum

SEQUEL: Romney Term Limited

Greetings!

After several requests were submitted, I have decided to commence work on the sequel to the "President Romney- 2016" scenario released earlier this year. Here is a general plotline of what happened...

"During the course of his second term, President Romney has managed to maintain and preserve America's surprisingly strong economy. And much to the nation's rejoicing, in 2018, the US Budget is balanced for the first time in 20 years. However, his foreign policy record continues to remain tarnished. President Vladimir Putin of Russia is now waging war against his own people and a civil war is breaking out in Russia. Some are asking Romney to intervene while others urge him to stay out. The United Nations and NATO are crumbling from the massive disagreements between its constituents. Meanwhile, relations between North and South Korea have turned cold as numerous skirmishes occur, killing several U.S. Troops. These events have led many to believe it is time for a change in the White House and a reenergized Democratic Party looks forward to the next election. Can the Republicans hang on for a historic third term?"

Right now, I've gotten a couple candidates researched... here we go...

Democratic

Gov. Julian Castro

Gov. Gavin Newsom

Sen. Kristen Gillibrand

Gov. Corey Booker

May. Rahm Emanuel

(NEED MORE CANDIDATES! PLEASE SUBMIT IDEAS!!!)

Republican

Vice Pres. Paul Ryan

Sen. Rand Paul

Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr.

Sen. Marco Rubio (OFF)

Gov. Chris Christie (OFF)

(NEED MORE CANDIDATES! PLEASE SUBMIT IDEAS!!!)

Please give me your ideas and feedback so this game can be just as good if not better than the 2016 game.

Thanks for your time!

POLLWONK

So, should we compete or work together? :P I realize mine is for PF 2012, but I think we shouldn't be afraid to steal ideas from each other. :P

For the GOP, I'd suggest a Tea Party hardliner such as Bachmann or maybe Ted Cruz - while he was born in Canada, he's eligible as his mom was a citizen at his birth.

Hi there Tayya,

I'm not at all wanting to compete and I'm completely open to working together with you on a 2020 scenario. :) I do however want to continue to storyline I began in the 2016 scenario with a strong econom and improving budget, yet with international problems brewing. If you'd like to make a version for the 2012 Engine while I make one for the 2008 engine, I'd be all for it! :)

So, should we compete or work together? :P I realize mine is for PF 2012, but I think we shouldn't be afraid to steal ideas from each other. :P

For the GOP, I'd suggest a Tea Party hardliner such as Bachmann or maybe Ted Cruz - while he was born in Canada, he's eligible as his mom was a citizen at his birth.

my idea for canidates

Gop

1.Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam

2.Former Texas Gov Rick Perry

3.Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, could be a off canidate

4.Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval

Dems

1.Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia

2.Governor Mark Dayton of Minnisota

3.Senator Mary Landriu of Louisiana

I'd brought it up on Tayya's thread, but what do you think of Puerto Rican statehood by 2020, POLLWONK, especially given Romney's current level of popularity there? I still have the map with Puerto Rico on it if you're at all interested.

Also, perhaps Senator Tim Kaine as a Democratic candidate. I also think Jesse Ventura as a Reform or Independent candidate would be good, like someone suggested on Tayya's thread.

Puerto Rico is an interesting idea and it is conceivable that it might become a state, but the real question is when... I find it really hard to think it will happen over the next ten years... more like a quarter century before it would be even possible.

Yah, I can add Jesse Ventura as Reform and maybe throw in Michael Bloomberg as an Independent. Tim Kaine may be a bit old for a Presidential Candidate, but I'll add him. :)

I'd brought it up on Tayya's thread, but what do you think of Puerto Rican statehood by 2020, POLLWONK, especially given Romney's current level of popularity there? I still have the map with Puerto Rico on it if you're at all interested.

Also, perhaps Senator Tim Kaine as a Democratic candidate. I also think Jesse Ventura as a Reform or Independent candidate would be good, like someone suggested on Tayya's thread.

I like the ideas of Sandoval, Haslam, Walker, and Landriu, but the others will be WAAAAAAAAAY too old by 2020. I'll add the others to the game. :)

my idea for canidates

Gop

1.Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam

2.Former Texas Gov Rick Perry

3.Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, could be a off canidate

4.Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval

Dems

1.Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia

2.Governor Mark Dayton of Minnisota

3.Senator Mary Landriu of Louisiana

EVENTS TIMELINE:

December 19, 2019: South Korean Civilian Ships are sunk by North Korean Naval Vessels. More than 400 die in the attacks.

December 20, 2019: South Korean President Kim Kwan-Jin orders missile strikes against the North Korean Capital of Pyongyang.

December 23, 2019: President Mitt Romney announces he will deploy an additional 20,000 troops to the Korean peninsula to prevent a North Korean invasion.

December 26, 2019: North Korean Supreme Ruler Kim Jong-Eun authorizes missile strikes against the South Korean Captital of Seoul.

December 28, 2019: The United Nations Security Council votes on Resolution 2467 "condemning North Korean Military Actions against South Korean Civilians". China and Russia veto the Resolution, causing much debate to arise over the UN's legitimacy.

December 30, 2019: North Korean Troops open fire on South Korean Troops at the border, war seems unavoidable.

January 4, 2020: Russian President Vladimir Putin survives an attempted assassination by a crazed democracy protestor.

January 6, 2020: Protests arise in Red Square, demanding Putin step down and that the Russian Federation release the man suspected of attempting to kill Putin (Sergei Kabayvan).

January 9, 2020: South Korean President Kim Kwan-Jin requests a two month ceasefire with North Korea.

January 13, 2020: Kim Jung Un accepts a 1 month ceasefire with South Korea.

January 26, 2020: Russian Troops fire on democracy protestors in Red Square, killing an estimated 4,560 people.

January 31, 2020: Democracy protestors militarize and declare attempted assassin Sergei Kabayvan as their President in Opposition.

More on the way!

Dems:

Senator Richard Bluemthal of Connecticut

Senator Martin Heinrich of New Mexico (assuming he wins the Senate race in 2012)

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Flordia(off)

Governor Jay Inslee of Washington(off) (Assuming he wins The governor's race)

Governor John Hickenlooper of Colorado

Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado (off)

Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota

GOP:

Governor Rob Mckenna of Washington(off) (Assuming he wins The governor's race)

Governor Rick Snyder of Michigan(off)

Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire (off)

Governor Phil Bryant of Mississippi (off)

Bobby Jindal would be a possible candidate, though Giuliani would be faaaaar too old. I think he'd be like 80 years old...

POLLWONK

I think when looking at age, we must remember that the oldest individual elected (or, in his case, re-elected) US President was Ronald Reagan in 1984 at 73, breaking then the long, long, loooong-standing record by William Henry Harrison in 1840 at 69. This is a good indicator of the extreme upper limit I think.

realy? juliani will be so old? OO

didn't know he is so old now.

maby mike huckabee?

and why christie and rubyo are off? they are pretty serious candidates.

and for democrats i suggest joe biden and maby hilary clinton as off candidate. evan bayh can be a possibility, too.

oh, and maby libertation's gary johnson.

Tom, I hate to be blunt, but we're talking about ::taps the microphone:: the year 2020... NOT 2016.

Joe Biden would be 76 years old in 2016... Hillary Clinton 73... Rudy Giuliani 80...

Mike Huckabee would be 65 which isn't too old, but he's probably going to be long forgotten by 2020. I'll consider including him as a VP though.

Rubio and Christie are off because MITT ROMNEY IS THE INCUMBENT AND PAUL RYAN IS RUNNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY IN 2020. It is highly doubtful that Rubio or Christie would challenge their own friend and colleague Ryan for the nomination. They're included in the game if the person wants to turn off Ryan (or have crazy fun and have them run against each other)

Gary Johnson will also be off the radar by 2020, most probably.

realy? juliani will be so old? OO

didn't know he is so old now.

maby mike huckabee?

and why christie and rubyo are off? they are pretty serious candidates.

and for democrats i suggest joe biden and maby hilary clinton as off candidate. evan bayh can be a possibility, too.

oh, and maby libertation's gary johnson.

in 2018, the US Budget is

POLLWONK

sorry, this has make me though this is 2018 XD

and as i saw, michele bachmann and tim pawlenty will be "young" enough, as does rick santorum (althrough i dobut he will run).

actually, when we think about it, there will be a lot of new politicians in the both partys so this is pretty hard to make a secnario about it.

in 2018, the US Budget is

POLLWONK

and as i saw, michele bachmann and tim pawlenty will be "young" enough, as does rick santorum (althrough i dobut he will run).

actually, when we think about it, there will be a lot of new politicians in the both partys so this is pretty hard to make a secnario about it.

Tom, that is the thing about making hypothetical scenarios. A lot of presupositions go into making a futuristic election. I make a couple of assumptions in this game to make it more interesting and to bring about a realistic result.

What wwas your point about Bachmann and Pawlenty?

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting! I like the events. The GOP seems to have an unexplicable advantage in momentum upon spring - I see that there are counter-events, but they don't seem to help that much. Perhaps tweak the endorsers?

The VP list could need updating.

Mostly good otherwise. If you're going to update, I can give you a more detailed list of ideas.