270soft Forum

Scenario Help - Cannot Play

I recently downloaded both the Russia 2012 and France 2012 election scenarios for President Forever 2012. Unfortunately...I cannot get either of the scenarios to work. Clearly the problem is not in the scenarios, but, rather, it is something wrong on my end. I was wondering if anyone could help me...I have the latest version of President Forever 2012, I downloaded the scenarios and I unzipped them to my desktop. Following that, I copied the scenario folders and pasted them inside the 'Scenarios' folder in the President Forever 2012 game. I then start up the game, and I am able to select either scenario but, I receive the following error message [in the case of the Russia one] "Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\President Forever 2012 Beta\scenarios\Russia - 2012\preference_voting\.xml" The system cannot find the file specified." When I press 'OK' it reads "Access violation at address 00485384 in module 'p4e12.exe'. Read of address 8B087510." When I press 'OK' the same thing just pops up over and over again. A similar thing happens with the French one. Does anyone know how I would remedy this?

I recently downloaded both the Russia 2012 and France 2012 election scenarios for President Forever 2012. Unfortunately...I cannot get either of the scenarios to work. Clearly the problem is not in the scenarios, but, rather, it is something wrong on my end. I was wondering if anyone could help me...I have the latest version of President Forever 2012, I downloaded the scenarios and I unzipped them to my desktop. Following that, I copied the scenario folders and pasted them inside the 'Scenarios' folder in the President Forever 2012 game. I then start up the game, and I am able to select either scenario but, I receive the following error message [in the case of the Russia one] "Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\President Forever 2012 Beta\scenarios\Russia - 2012\preference_voting\.xml" The system cannot find the file specified." When I press 'OK' it reads "Access violation at address 00485384 in module 'p4e12.exe'. Read of address 8B087510." When I press 'OK' the same thing just pops up over and over again. A similar thing happens with the French one. Does anyone know how I would remedy this?

I can tell you your problem right now. Both scenarios are for President Forever 2008, not 2012. I hope that helps.

• 8 months later...

Archived