270soft Forum

UK Parliament 1983-1987

European Qoheleth (SANC)

Having defeated Sir Edward Heath for the leadership of the party and then James Callaghan for the office of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher faces governing a country in a poor economic state and as if troubles at home aren't enough there will be a war to deal with.

I spent a few days on this one rather than the 6 hours or so on 1992-1997 and this one is bug free as far as I know.

Having defeated Sir Edward Heath for the leadership of the party and then James Callaghan for the office of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher faces governing a country in a poor economic state and as if troubles at home aren't enough there will be a war to deal with.

I spent a few days on this one rather than the 6 hours or so on 1992-1997 and this one is bug free as far as I know.

Have you included the by-elections as well as the elections held to other bodies in that parliament (Euros 84, Counties 85, Locals 86 and 87)?

I haven't the skill to make a new scenario entirely from scratch (it's frustrating enough modifying existing ones*) so no but the Glasgow Hillhead by election is mentioned in the events.

*GOP Progressive and Ed Gaffney made the UK 1983 scenario. I changed the dates, How Established Party ratings, party funds, endorser momentum rewards, the scenario text at the start of the game, the base CP number and replaced a number of photos and events with others and adjusted Foot's Experience to 5 and Debating to 5 but reduced his Leadership back to 2. I also changed some of the party goals and leader home regions so nobody gets any particular bonus from it being their home region and set all starting issue profiles to low with the polling day 4 years away and I also changed the numbers in the Issue Position Fundraising. I felt my UK parliament 1992-1997 was too much of a ripoff of the 1997 scenario and that for this scenario I should make as many sensible changes as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I've put them in but their attributes might be off as I've used the Labour Leadership 1976 scenario to get their stats and then made some small changes (Healey's Experience up 1 to 5 and Debating Skill down 1 to 3 and Integrity up 1 to 3. Benn's Experience up 1 to 5.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived