270soft Forum

Local Issues

What role does the "Local Issues" issue in Congress Forever 2010, Prime Minister Forever Australia 2010 and 2013, and Prime Minister Forever Canada 2011 have? I haven't noticed any real use for it, and it doesn't even have filled in stances, nor a place to include a stance in party and regional issue centers write-ups in the .xml files.

• Upvote 1

What role does the "Local Issues" issue in Congress Forever 2010, Prime Minister Forever Australia 2010 and 2013, and Prime Minister Forever Canada 2011 have? I haven't noticed any real use for it, and it doesn't even have filled in stances, nor a place to include a stance in party and regional issue centers write-ups in the .xml files.

I think it's just kind of there. I guess it's an acknowledgement of the fact that there are local issues for each district/riding that are unique to it, but I'm guessing there aren't position stances for just the fact that they are unique.

• Upvote 1

"Local Issues" was added I believe with Congress Forever. I don't think it's currently used. The idea was that it could be used in the future as a way to make ads (and so on) about "local issues."

That'd be interesting, although in custom scenarios there is sometimes the problem of too many issues. :P
  • 2 months later...