• Colorado
    • Minnesota
    • Missouri
    • Arizona
    • Michigan
    • Washington
    • None
    • All of them
  3. 3. If Romney wins most of/all the contests before the Super Tuesday, the Primaries are...

• Over.
    • Will be over after Super Tuesday
    • Will be over several contests after Super Tuesday

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Name the things that Romney can't attack Santorum with.

Name the things that Romney can't attack Santorum with.

As of right now, Romney has 3.7% lead (67% of win) in Michigan from Nate Silver http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/fivethirtyeight/primaries/michigan

I attended one of his rallies the other day, believe it or not. I also recall a CNN article which quoted him saying the same thing.

The Republican party wants Romney to wrap this up on Super Tuesday. Majority leader Eric Cantor and Senator Tom Coburn endorsed Romney yesterday.

• Upvote 3

I think that by the end of March, we should be seeing either Gingrich or Santorum dropping out. If Santorum has a bad month, then he'll be gone. If Gingrich continues with the status quo of 3rd or 4th place finishes, he'll be gone by the end of the month.

Ron Paul will be trying to score a possible position in a Romney Administration by staying in the race longer. I think Romney will be open to talk since Mitt and Ron are close friends outside the political arena.

• Upvote 3

I think that by the end of March, we should be seeing either Gingrich or Santorum dropping out. If Santorum has a bad month, then he'll be gone. If Gingrich continues with the status quo of 3rd or 4th place finishes, he'll be gone by the end of the month.

Ron Paul will be trying to score a possible position in a Romney Administration by staying in the race longer. I think Romney will be open to talk since Mitt and Ron are close friends outside the political arena.

The Washington Post is all over the Romney-Paul alliance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-paul-and-romney-a-strategic-alliance-between-outsider-and-establishment/2012/01/20/gIQAf8foiQ_story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/ron-paul-mitt-romney-alliance-candidates-teamed-up-to-skip-georgia-debate/2012/02/23/gIQAD77gWR_blog.html

• Upvote 3

A Romney-Paul alliance seems like an interesting, yet unlikely occurrence. Romney certainty stands to benefit if Paul can mobilize his rabid supporters to his camp, but no matter what Paul says he won't get them all. However, considering how ideologically rigid Paul is, Romney would have to make too many concessions, particularly in regards to monetary policy. I find is difficult to imagine Paul endorsing Romney, he's 76 years old and is likely not interested in a cabinet spot, nor would he get one. If Romney wants the Paulbots he's going to have to give them a reason to support him, and considering that he needs to run to the center in the GE and considering that many Paulbots are completely bitter towards anyone in the system except Ron Paul, its unlikely that its going to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...