• Colorado
    • Minnesota
    • Missouri
    • Arizona
    • Michigan
    • Washington
    • None
    • All of them
  3. 3. If Romney wins most of/all the contests before the Super Tuesday, the Primaries are...

• Over.
    • Will be over after Super Tuesday
    • Will be over several contests after Super Tuesday

Not necessarily. If Romney gets enough delegates and states behind him, why on earth would Gingrich endorse Santorum? It would be like in 2008 if Romney endorsed Huckabee instead of McCain with the primaries going in McCain's favor. Right now, Romney has won a solid majority of the delegates and popular vote. It would be stupid for him to do that... then again, we are talking about Newt Gingrich... who has done some pretty stupid things...

Gingrich had a lot of vulnerabilities which Romney attacked with a blanket of ads in Florida. Santorum has no such weaknesses which Romney can attack (and still remain credible). Santorum will not be as easily defeated as Gingrich, and Gingrich isn't even defeated yet. I'm still hoping Gingrich will pull out right before Super Tuesday and endorse Santorum. That'd pretty much ruin Romney.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Name the things that Romney can't attack Santorum with.

As of right now, Romney has 3.7% lead (67% of win) in Michigan from Nate Silver http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/fivethirtyeight/primaries/michigan

Gingrich had a lot of vulnerabilities which Romney attacked with a blanket of ads in Florida. Santorum has no such weaknesses which Romney can attack (and still remain credible). Santorum will not be as easily defeated as Gingrich, and Gingrich isn't even defeated yet. I'm still hoping Gingrich will pull out right before Super Tuesday and endorse Santorum. That'd pretty much ruin Romney.

Santorum= pork barrel spending, Washington insider. Gingrich won't drop until Romney wins the nomination. Newt is just too stubborn and has a personal vendetta against Mitt. Good luck that!

• Upvote 4

i think people are just tired of Newt and his arrogant self endorsing prophecies. he is done.

Just as Newt quickly faded before Iowa and after South Carolina, Santorum quickly faded after Iowa and will fade before Arizona/Michigan. Romney will spend boatloads of money on driving up Santorum's negatives. But then he will get complacent, and Newt will surge again. :D

• Upvote 3

While Santorum has improved as a candidate, he still HAS NOT explained all the pork barrel spending. Santorum is going to be the Mike Huckabee of 2012, he'll win maybe 8-9 states... that's it.

Gingrich is toast...

Santorum= pork barrel spending, Washington insider. Gingrich won't drop until Romney wins the nomination. Newt is just too stubborn and has a personal vendetta against Mitt. Good luck that!

• Upvote 3

I actually think Newt's arrogance and brashness might help him as president. The next president needs to make some bold decisions and I think Newt is more likely to do that than Romney. However, he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination, and even less of one of winning the general.

I think if the Santorum wave continues, and Newt can hold on to the South, and Paul can siphon delegates from the PR and caucus states, we could actually see no one getting a majority. Unlikely, but possible given the nature of this race.

• Upvote 1

Santorum beats Romney by 15 points in the latest Michigan poll. Romney needs to go on the attack now if he wants to fend off a devastating upset in his state of birth.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/ppp-santorum-takes-the-lead-in-michigan-114309.html

Romney's SuperPAC will start airing negative ads against Santorum, Gringrich has a similar lead in Florida after he won South Carolina and look were he is at now. Also Romney's CPAC and Maine victories are not being digested yet in the polls. I don't put too much emphasis on the polls two weeks before the primary.

• Upvote 3

Romney's SuperPAC will start airing negative ads against Santorum, Gringrich has a similar lead in Florida after he won South Carolina and look were he is at now. Also Romney's CPAC and Maine victories are not being digested yet in the polls. I don't put too much emphasis on the polls two weeks before the primary.

There aren't many things Romney can attack Santorum on that will hurt him without hurting Romney's credibility as a Republican and as a conservative. Gingrich was easy to blanket with attack ads, he has plenty of vulnerabilities. Santorum's weaknesses are not nearly so easily exploitable to Republicans. I suspect Romney will have a much more difficult time attacking Santorum whilst retaining credibility with conservatives.

• Upvote 1

There aren't many things Romney can attack Santorum on that will hurt him without hurting Romney's credibility as a Republican and as a conservative. Gingrich was easy to blanket with attack ads, he has plenty of vulnerabilities. Santorum's weaknesses are not nearly so easily exploitable to Republicans. I suspect Romney will have a much more difficult time attacking Santorum whilst retaining credibility with conservatives.

Well name them then! I do recall you saying something similar about Gingrich.

• Upvote 2

Well name them then! I do recall you saying something similar about Gingrich.

What exactly am I meant to be naming?

Besides, I admit I overestimated Gingrich's resilience. I was wrong on that. But he did win South Carolina after myself and many others had written him off.

• Upvote 1

Besides, I admit I overestimated Gingrich's resilience. I was wrong on that. But he did win South Carolina after myself and many others had written him off.

• Upvote 5

• Upvote 4

• Upvote 3

Well, probably the cheapest example is the "career politician" line, which seems to be Romney's only line of main attack against Santorum. It's particularly rich coming from Romney, who has pretty much been doing nothing but run for president for the last six years.

• Upvote 1

Well, probably the cheapest example is the "career politician" line, which seems to be Romney's only line of main attack against Santorum. It's particularly rich coming from Romney, who has pretty much been doing nothing but run for president for the last six years.

But, Santorum is a "career politician". He headed the K-street project and made millions working for health care companies. Obama lied to the people of Illinois who said he would not run in 2008 because he wouldn't be ready and started running after he won his senate race.

• Upvote 4

But, Santorum is a "career politician". He headed the K-street project and made millions working for health care companies. Obama lied to the people of Illinois who said he would not run in 2008 because he wouldn't be ready and started running after he won his senate race.

He is a career politician. But so is Romney. Romney who has pretty much been running for president for the last six years. He's not really in any position to criticise anyone for being a career politician.

• Upvote 1

He is a career politician. But so is Romney. Romney who has pretty much been running for president for the last six years. He's not really in any position to criticise anyone for being a career politician.

Santorum is career politician because he worked in Washington since 1994 and actually made millions lobbying health care companies. Governor Romney has spent his entire life before becoming governor in the private sector and he is not Washington insider like Santorum or President Obama.

• Upvote 3

Santorum is career politician because he worked in Washington since 1994 and actually made millions lobbying health care companies. Governor Romney has spent his entire life before becoming governor in the private sector and he is not Washington insider like Santorum or President Obama.

Rick Santorum Cast Himself As 'Progressive Conservative,' Non-Reaganite In First Campaign http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/rick-santorum-conservative-pro-life-ronald-reagan_n_1280033.html

• Upvote 4

Rick Santorum Cast Himself As 'Progressive Conservative,' Non-Reaganite In First Campaign http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/rick-santorum-conservative-pro-life-ronald-reagan_n_1280033.html

Really Santorum will survive saying stuff like this...

Rick Santorum In 2008: Mainstream Protestantism Fell Out Of 'World Of Christianity' http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/18/rick-santorum-protestantism_n_1286471.html?1329589642

• Upvote 4

But that is a national polling which is lagging indicator and which will change after Michigan and Arizona.

Michigan is definitely a tossup at the moment. Arizona looks decently Romney, but given how the primaries have been thus far, who really knows what could happen? I'll have a stab and say Santorum wins at least one of Arizona and Michigan, and either result hurts Romney.

• Upvote 1

Michigan is definitely a tossup at the moment. Arizona looks decently Romney, but given how the primaries have been thus far, who really knows what could happen? I'll have a stab and say Santorum wins at least one of Arizona and Michigan, and either result hurts Romney.

The debate tonight helped Romney. The debates really impact how the voters vote (I don't like that by the way), Romney's poll numbers in Arizona and Michigan wil probably go up after a few days after the debate.

Prediction:Romney will win Arizona by 5 to 15 percent. Closer to 10%.

Prediction:Romney will win Michigan anywhere between .1 to 10 percent.

Prediction:Romney will be the Republican Nominee for President.

• Upvote 3

The debate tonight helped Romney. The debates really impact how the voters vote (I don't like that by the way), Romney's poll numbers in Arizona and Michigan wil probably go up after a few days after the debate.

Prediction:Romney will win Arizona by 5 to 15 percent. Closer to 10%.

Prediction:Romney will win Michigan anywhere between .1 to 10 percent.

Prediction:Romney will be the Republican Nominee for President.

Possibly. Though Nate did an interesting article on Romney's money problems. The strength of Romney's fundraising machine is not all it seems to be. Indeed, all of the Republican candidates are quite weak on that front, but Romney is especially weaker than he seems. I don't think his "fundraising advantage" is all that much. There is easily a chance that Santorum could steal the nomination from him. Particularly with a well-timed endorsement from kingmaker Gingrich.

• Upvote 1