270soft Forum

So I made a few changes to the default 1980 scenario to reflect reality a bit more in terms of John Anderson's independent run.

-Anderson (IND version) Integrity upped to 5 as the whole reason for his high polling was that he had a lot of integrity to stand up for his views that didn't fit with GOP orthodoxy.

-Event has been set that announces Anderson's withdrawal from the GOP race and run as an indy. It gives him a momentum boost so his numbers can start to go up. This event only happens if you play from the primaries.

-Indy primaries have been changed so that Anderson wins the Illinois primary a week before the indy "convention." This is to reflect that he quietly acknowledged he would run as and indy nearly a week before he made it official. This also gives him the chance to try and steal a Dem or GOP as his running mate.

-IND party no longer has a block grant of $17.6m, instead the party has $17.6m in party funds. This is to reflect that Anderson did not receive public funding till after the election. The $17.6m he spent was all fundraising.

In play tests using the space bar party I made, Anderson usually pulls the 6%-7% he got in real life. Email me if you wish to have this version.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...