270soft Forum

Proposal: P4E2012 for iPhone!!!

Hey guys!

Since I love 270soft and since the guys who put together these games deserve the best, I was hoping that maybe the next big jump for 270soft could be an iphone app and Android version of "P4E2012" as well as for the ipad and mac.

Submit your comments!

POLLWONK

• Upvote 1

The first step is to release it for Windows machines. Once that happens, we can start thinking about things like Mac or iPad.

Hey guys!

Since I love 270soft and since the guys who put together these games deserve the best, I was hoping that maybe the next big jump for 270soft could be an iphone app version of "P4E2012" as well as for the ipad and mac.

Submit your comments!

POLLWONK

• Upvote 1

I know. But I know that the Apple Inc. would love to have you guys.

Look, if they're willing to release an app called Monkey Island,then they should be willing to at least consider 270soft.

I really think it would be a success for you guys!

The first step is to release it for Windows machines. Once that happens, we can start thinking about things like Mac or iPad.

• Upvote 1

It's a good idea, and the feedback is noted.

I know. But I know that the Apple Inc. would love to have you guys.

Look, if they're willing to release an app called Monkey Island,then they should be willing to at least consider 270soft.

I really think it would be a success for you guys!

• Upvote 1

There are more Android phones out there than iPhones. A broader market (and possibly easier to develop for) would be the Android market. The only problem there might be the variability in the hardware. But the P4E/PM4E games aren't very computationally insensive anyway.

I think a more important issue is variable screen resolution. If you could play P4E/PM4E on mini netbooks with the small 10 inch screens and tiny resolution, that'd be great. Conversely, if your monitor has 1920x1080 resolution, the game looks unpleasantly small.

On a completely unrelated note that doesn't really belong here, could there be more keyboard support? Particularly in Aus/Can PM4E 2010. There is way too much mouse-clicking. When in strategy viewing, seat info and ad viewing mode, allow us to use the down and up arrows to scroll through. Use of a scrol-wheel would be amazing too. Maybe shortcuts when in seat info, something like 'h' to target, 'j' to ground ops, 'k' for polling and 'l' for sending funds. Possibly similar scrolling shortcuts for ad viewing. Something like 'h' to scroll through states, 'j' to scroll through individual ridings alphabetically, 'k' to scroll through individual ridings by state, 'l' to change state. Something like that!

• Upvote 1

Actually, an Apple version would be far more lucrative...

1.) Apple can make apps for both the computer and iphone and ipad and ipod. Android is only one phone. The total sum supports an iversion of the P4E2012+Primaries

2.) The iphone is constantly upgrading and well marketed on Apple.com, itunes, etc. 270soft would get far more attention if they were on the Apple's page than on Androids.

3.) Apple is the 2nd most valuable company in the US behind Exxon Mobile. Unless you somehow find a way to allow people to play P4E2012 at an Exxon gas station, the best option would be Apple.

Interesting idea, but this isn't the place to be discussing engine upgrades. That is in another forum.

There are more Android phones out there than iPhones. A broader market (and possibly easier to develop for) would be the Android market. The only problem there might be the variability in the hardware. But the P4E/PM4E games aren't very computationally insensive anyway.

I think a more important issue is variable screen resolution. If you could play P4E/PM4E on mini netbooks with the small 10 inch screens and tiny resolution, that'd be great. Conversely, if your monitor has 1920x1080 resolution, the game looks unpleasantly small.

On a completely unrelated note that doesn't really belong here, could there be more keyboard support? Particularly in Aus/Can PM4E 2010. There is way too much mouse-clicking. When in strategy viewing, seat info and ad viewing mode, allow us to use the down and up arrows to scroll through. Use of a scrol-wheel would be amazing too. Maybe shortcuts when in seat info, something like 'h' to target, 'j' to ground ops, 'k' for polling and 'l' for sending funds. Possibly similar scrolling shortcuts for ad viewing. Something like 'h' to scroll through states, 'j' to scroll through individual ridings alphabetically, 'k' to scroll through individual ridings by state, 'l' to change state. Something like that!

• Upvote 2

Actually, an Apple version would be far more lucrative...

1.) Apple can make apps for both the computer and iphone and ipad and ipod. Android is only one phone. The total sum supports an iversion of the P4E2012+Primaries

2.) The iphone is constantly upgrading and well marketed on Apple.com, itunes, etc. 270soft would get far more attention if they were on the Apple's page than on Androids.

3.) Apple is the 2nd most valuable company in the US behind Exxon Mobile. Unless you somehow find a way to allow people to play P4E2012 at an Exxon gas station, the best option would be Apple.

Interesting idea, but this isn't the place to be discussing engine upgrades. That is in another forum.

Except there are more than twice as many Android OS's running than iOS's running out there at the moment. Android popularity is growing, and waves of Android tablets are being released. By the time P4E 2012 is finished, and by the time development will have commenced, Android's app market will have at least caught up with Apple's iStore, and Android's domination over iOS, I'd say that the smarter bet would be investment in Android than iOS, given the way things are going, and what the market will look like a year from now. But there's no reason they can't develop for both. I just think that in the long run, Android will have ended up the better investment.

• Upvote 1

Again, you gave no response to my argument. You just keep repeating the same thing without ever expanding or refuting why it wouldn't reap profits for Mac, ipad, iphone, or ipod.

Android would be a nice idea.

How bout we compromise? How about we endorse both?

Except there are more than twice as many Android OS's running than iOS's running out there at the moment. Android popularity is growing, and waves of Android tablets are being released. By the time P4E 2012 is finished, and by the time development will have commenced, Android's app market will have at least caught up with Apple's iStore, and Android's domination over iOS, I'd say that the smarter bet would be investment in Android than iOS, given the way things are going, and what the market will look like a year from now. But there's no reason they can't develop for both. I just think that in the long run, Android will have ended up the better investment.

• Upvote 3

Again, you gave no response to my argument. You just keep repeating the same thing without ever expanding or refuting why it wouldn't reap profits for Mac, ipad, iphone, or ipod.

Android would be a nice idea.

How bout we compromise? How about we endorse both?

I never said there wouldn't be profits by developing a version for iOS. I just figure based on the growing popularity of Android phones and tablets, and the stagnation of iPhones in the market (iOS's market share has dipped from 18% to 15% over the last couple of years, while Android phones+tablets are in the mid-40's), that developing for Android would be a better bet in the long run, assuming you can only develop for one. If there is the time to develop for both, then that's that.

• Upvote 2

Certainly! I'll edit the post. I think that making a cellphone game would be fun.

There would need to be some minor editing... but it would still be a beast of a game.

I never said there wouldn't be profits by developing a version for iOS. I just figure based on the growing popularity of Android phones and tablets, and the stagnation of iPhones in the market (iOS's market share has dipped from 18% to 15% over the last couple of years, while Android phones+tablets are in the mid-40's), that developing for Android would be a better bet in the long run, assuming you can only develop for one. If there is the time to develop for both, then that's that.

• Upvote 1