270soft Forum

P4E8 2012 Scenario Beta released

Only mention it because he had a lot of influence on the field, and if he is left active it is going to result in primaries wildly different from what is now going to happen with him out. As it now stands Gingrich is now dominating the South as well, and challenging Romney everywhere but the Northeast. Maybe push the start date even further ahead to December 3rd?

Well what i did was play as both Cain and another candidate and then withdraw or endorse another candidate.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are the candidates I'd add and remove... GOP Remove: Buddy Roemer Add: Donald Trump Paul Ryan Mike Huckabee Bobby Jindal David Petraeus Ignore: Thad McCotter Democrats Remove: None

Agreed. Clinton should be higher... Feingold should be winning blue collar states like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan. Sanders and Dean should be duking it out in Vermont. Clinton should be winning Ne

Can we see some more Democratic candidates? I mean, Hillary is nice, but I want to see more candidates... -Russ Feingold -Howard Dean -Bernie Sanders -Mike Gravel

There's a problem with the Obama economy events. I added Hillary as a primary opponent to him. It results in her beating him by 30 points within a few months. The events should hurt him, but not enough to be completely obliterated by mid-December.

It sounds like what you described - the voters largely migrated to you, despite the endorsements, because of platform compatibility or what have you. IIRC endorsements simply bump more candidates than otherwise would happen toward the endorsed candidate.

Instead, I received a 16% jump. It looks like all of the Romney/Christie support went my way, despite the fact they endorsed Huckabee. I guess maybe it has something to do with the game engine identifying their supporters as more likely to align with Huntsman supporters than Huckabees. However, I still shouldn't have got a jump like that. ;)

This is probably related to the same bug described by others. It's in the P4E8 game engine and can't be fixed.

I was playing as Huntsman and got all the way down to the last two primaries to decide who would be the nominee (Huntsman or Romney). Romney ended up taking the last two and winning enough delegates to be the nominee. However when the convention came, I ended up getting the nomination something like 360 to 320. Any idea why that happened?

Thanks Zac for the feedback!

The Paul numbers should reflect polling as of when the game starts (mid-October). If you have polls which show otherwise from that time, then please let us know.

McCotter is a good point - he was actually running. We'll see.

I really enjoy this mod but I have a nitpick. Paul should be polling much better in Iowa, or at least it should be easier for him to poll higher. The polls showing Paul with 16-20% of the vote in Iowa came out around the same time that Ayotte endorsed Romney and the Cain harassment stories were getting bigger. Perhaps I'm just not campaigning right but it feels very hard to succeed with Paul.

I also think George Pataki, John Bolton, John Thune, Rudy Giuliani and Thaddeus McCotter should be presidential contenders. Pataki, Bolton, ad Giuliani heavily considered running for a while, Thune briefly considered it, and McCotter did make a brief run.

Just a few ideas I had, this is a really really great mod for a really really great game.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I'll look at this. There a couple ways to solve this. One is to make the economic events impact Democrats regardless (so Clinton and Obama would be effected equally), but that isn't realistic. Voters would pin the blame for the economy on Obama, not Clinton (who as Sec. of State has little direct influence over economic issues). Another is to lessen the penalty for Obama if Clinton is in the race. ...

Agreed. The new events seriously weaken him, but to a point that he stands no chance of winning anything against Clinton.

• Upvote 1

Here are the candidates I'd add and remove...

GOP

Remove:

Buddy Roemer

Add:

Donald Trump

Paul Ryan

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

David Petraeus

Ignore:

Thad McCotter

Democrats

Remove:

None

Add:

Russ Feingold

Howard Dean

Bernie Sanders

Joe Lieberman

Mark Warner

Mike Gravel

Ignore:

Alvin Greene

Veeps:

REP: GOOD

DEM:

add:

Hillary Clinton

Russ Feingold

Howard Dean

Andy Cuomo

Rahm Emanuel

Debbie Wasserman Shultz

Mark Warner

Ted Strickland (note: polling has shown his popularity in Ohio has soared back up. He would trounce Kasich in a rematch)

• Upvote 4

Can we be assured that this bug will not be present in P4E 2012? After all it's a bit frustrating to take the time to play out the primaries and then have some candidate just *magically* become the nominee.

This is probably related to the same bug described by others. It's in the P4E8 game engine and can't be fixed.

• Upvote 1

Democratic Vice Presidential Candidate Attribute Reccomendations

Joe Biden... L-4...I-2...E-4...IF-3...C-2...S-3...D-4

Hillary Clinton...L-4...I-3...E-4...IF-4...C-4...S-4...D-3

Russ Feingold... L-4...I-4...E-4...IF-5...C-3...S-3...D-4

Howard Dean...L-4...I-3...E-3...IF-3...C-4...S-3...D-3

Andy Cuomo...L-4...I-3...E-2...IF-4...C-5...S-4...D-3

Rahm Emanuel...L-3...I-3...E-3...IF-4...C-4...S-4...D-3

Debbie Wasserman Shultz...L-3...I-3...E-3...IF-4...C-4...S-3...D-2

Mark Warner...L-5...I-4...E-4...IF-3...C-3...S-3...D-4

Ted Strickland...L-4...I-4...E-3...IF-3...C-3...S-5...D-4

GOP VPC Attribute Reccomendos

Marco Rubio...L-4...I-3...E-2...IF-4...C-4...S-4...D-3... HB (homebonus)-5

Chris Christie...L-5...I-3...E-3...IF-4...C-4...S-4...D-4...HB-5

Tim Pawlenty...L-3...I-4...E-3...IF-3...C-2...S-4...D-3...HB-3

Brian Sandoval...L-4...I-3...E-2...IF-3...C-2...S-5...D-4...HB-5

Kelly Ayotte...L-3...I-5...E-2...IF-4...C-4...S-4...D-4

Luis Fortuno...L-4...I-3...E-2...IF-3...C-5...S-4...D-3

John Thune...L-3...I-4...E-3...IF-3...C-4...S-4...D-3

Bobby Jindal...L-5...I-3...E-3...IF-3...C-4...S-4...D-3

• Upvote 1

It won't be in P4E12, and if for some reason it is, it will be easily fixed.

Can we be assured that this bug will not be present in P4E 2012? After all it's a bit frustrating to take the time to play out the primaries and then have some candidate just *magically* become the nominee.

I don't know. If it's just happening in this scenario, and the convention calculations are done in the game engine, then in a sense it may be a unique combination of the two. However, I can't think of what in specific would be causing it in the scenario ...

How come I've only experienced it with this scenario though?

I don't know. If it's just happening in this scenario, and the convention calculations are done in the game engine, then in a sense it may be a unique combination of the two. However, I can't think of what in specific would be causing it in the scenario ...

I just played the 2008 Wonk scenario as Tancredo. Same thing. I won the most delegates outright, but at the nomination, the game said Romney won and kicked me out.

If there's something we can change in the scenario files instead of the game engine, then it might be fixable. The problem is noted.

Im new to this forum. :D I dont want to sound impatient but is there any updates on President Forever 2012? I heard its based on the Congress Forever 2010 engine which is really nice...

• Upvote 2

President Forever 2012 will probably be released within the next several months, but there is no official release date for it at this point.

There is a 2012 scenario that has recently been released for P4E8 ( http://270soft.com/2011/11/30/2012-beta-scenario-for-president-forever-2008-primaries-released/ ).

You can sign up to be notified of new releases here:

http://www.270soft.com (right-hand side)

For the latest, see our blog:

http://270soft.com/blog/

Im new to this forum. :D I dont want to sound impatient but is there any updates on President Forever 2012? I heard its based on the Congress Forever 2010 engine which is really nice...

• Upvote 1

Just two add two more cents, I've just space-barred ac couple of times through the latest version (version 3 I believe.) Both times I played as Herman Cain and the Constitution candidate (since he has essentially no impact on the election). I made Herman Cain drop out and endorse Newt Gingrich during the first week of December (this solves the earlier problem someone mentioned about how Newt Gingrich struggles in the primaries if you play him simply based off polling numbers from early October - the start of the game). Newt fairly easily coasted to the primary with only nominal opposition from Mitt at that point. Obama was unopposed in the primaries, and after a seemingly close election, Obama won with 52% to Gingrich's 46% (an entirely possible result).

I'd say that, at least for now, the game seems to be relatively trouble free from my perspective.

• Upvote 1