270soft Forum

As a newcomer I reckon a list of tips for winning and scenario making help all in one sticky topic would be a huge help.

Here's how I win as Labour in 1922:

Momentum is the most important thing. For every +/- 0.1 of momentum there's a 1% chance that the party/candidate will gain/lose 0.5% of the scenario's entire vote. Every turn it automatically goes down by 1 for everything.

Run all of your ads (which should be negative and against your main opponent) everywhere you are running at the highest price with only a few days to go.

Have a positive theme focused on leadership,integrity and experience.

Barnstorm until there's 1 week to go then keep doing policy speeches.

Do research on your main opponent's weakest attribute out of Integrity,Leadership and Experience.

The first time I pulled it off things were looking close on the night but as we know Tory seats tend to declare earlier and I won with 258 seats and 32% of the vote. The second time my theme was focused on the 3 attributes mentioned earlier rather than 3 issues where Labour were centrist. On the day it seemed the Tories would get 400 seats (only 8 off a landslide) but I ended up winning with 289 seats and 35% of the vote.

Map Making Help

Well, you're going to have to outline all the borders in solid black lines so that it doesn't leak. The open it in Paint. Make sure the map is 381 x 501 pixels. Then go to the View menu and activate the status bar. When you run the cursor over the regions, a set of coordinates will appear at the bottom. Those are the coordinates you want for the region. Then open the regional_variables file and input the coordinates in the appropriate spot. In paint, when you drag the little pencil over your map in the bottom corner it will give you the integers (x,y) that you are looking for. (Credit to the user/users who originally typed this part.)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

As a newcomer I reckon a list of tips for winning and scenario making help all in one sticky topic would be a huge help.

Here's how I win as Labour in 1922:

I have an unfinished UK 1922 scenario sitting on my PC that I didn't think that I had uploaded to here. Please can you clarify if this is the scenario I sent to you or if it isn't, can you reveal where you found it as I would like to try it?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to make a scenario after 2 painful failed attempts. I'm near the end but one problem gets replaced by another. Does anyone know what list index out of bounds -1 mean?

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to make a scenario after 2 painful failed attempts. I'm near the end but one problem gets replaced by another. Does anyone know what list index out of bounds -1 mean?

It means you are screwed.

It is a common error message that could be attributed to any number of things.

Assuming that no errors are identified via the scenario checker, the most likely place for errors is in the ridings file.

Some things are not picked up by the scenario checker, such as an out of date region name being used as a leader's home region.

• Upvote 1