270soft Forum

Andre Arthur named PM, without even getting HIMSELF elected?

FYI, the final seat breakdown was Conservative 154, Liberal 78, Bloc Quebecois 41, New Democratic 35, Green and Indepenedent were both shut out.

Is it because of the likely "coalition" partners both being deadlocked at 154-154? I would think the natural thing to do in that case would be to give the Prime Ministership to Harper.

I don't have the save game or a screenshot, unfortunately.

And when that happened I checked...

I am not sure if Harper had a majority or was just short but there was no combination of alliances with another party that would give the Liberals more seats than the Conservatives.

I was the BQ and if I'd been in alliance with the Liberal party (my whole campaign theme was slamming them) I would think I'd be told.

Hi abc,

The way it works: if the Cs don't have an outright majority (or would have one with the Independents), then it goes to the party with the next most seats, which in the case you're describing would be the Ls.

In reality, no one seems to know what would happen exactly. It seems that the Cs would have the first shot at forming government, but it's not clear if any of the other parties would work with them. If not, then they would fall at most within a few months, and then the GG might ask another party to form gov't.

This is different from the 154-154 scenario described above, which is a bug which will be fixed in the next release.

Hi abc,

The way it works: if the Cs don't have an outright majority (or would have one with the Independents), then it goes to the party with the next most seats, which in the case you're describing would be the Ls.

In reality, no one seems to know what would happen exactly. It seems that the Cs would have the first shot at forming government, but it's not clear if any of the other parties would work with them. If not, then they would fall at most within a few months, and then the GG might ask another party to form gov't.

This is different from the 154-154 scenario described above, which is a bug which will be fixed in the next release.

The problem is that the Liberals could not get more seats than the Conservatives without my votes.

The possible alliances were:

NDP + Liberal + Green = 90-95

Conservative = 140

How could the Liberal party form the government?

Because minority government resolution is currently automatic, it would automatically add your seats.

The problem is that the Liberals could not get more seats than the Conservatives without my votes.

The possible alliances were:

NDP + Liberal + Green = 90-95

Conservative = 140

How could the Liberal party form the government?