270soft Forum

United States 2016 Advance

Candidate Choice  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you like to see run in 2016 for the GOP nomination?

• John Thune
    • Mark Kirk
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Aaron Schock
    • Rand Paul
    • Scott Walker
    • Dino Rossi
  2. 2. Which candidate would you most like to see run for the 2016 Democratic nomination?

• Chelsea Clinton
    • Gabrielle Giffords
    • Elliot Spitzer
    • Rahm Emanuel
    • Jerry Brown
    • Al Franken
    • Kay Hagan
  3. 3. Should Joe Biden be included in 2016 Advance?

• Yes. Joe Biden (ON)
    • Yes. Joe Biden (OFF)
    • No.

Some other good potential candidates:

Susana Martinez (R-NM)

Marco Rubio (R-FL)

John Kasich (R-OH)

Nikki Haley (R-SC)

Chris Christie (R-NJ)

Scott Brown (R-MA)

Jan Brewer (R-AZ)

Andrew Cuomo (D-NY)

Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)

Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Barbara Boxer (D-CA)

Michael Bennet (D-CO)

Joe Manchin (D-WV)

I think Dino Rossi is done politically, he ran a lot but he never held office, so how could he win the presidency? Tim Pawlenty is done too, especially in 2016 when the GOP has a ton of new fresh faces who won in 2010 and now are viable experienced candidates. Who is Aaron Schock?

Elliot Spitzer could never run again politically after the scandal that plagued him & forced him to resign. Al Franken & Rahm Emanuel are too polarizing and I think Jerry Brown gig as the Governor is his last breath in his political life.

Schock will not have gained enough experience and Chelsea Clinton? WTF?! You're Republican field isn't completely off, but as last time your Democratic field missed the mark.

Democrats:

-Gillibrand

-Cuomo

-Perdue

-Hagan

-Warner

-Kaine? Assuming he wins this Senate Seat in 2012

-Gov. Malloy of CT? depends on what he does with the debt, but I've seen him on FOX several times, I think he could make a serious bid...

Gillibrand, Warner and Cuomo have already been included. From how the voting looks, so will Hagan. I also added Sherrod Brown and Carte Goodwin.

Pollwonk

Schock will not have gained enough experience and Chelsea Clinton? WTF?! You're Republican field isn't completely off, but as last time your Democratic field missed the mark.

Democrats:

-Gillibrand

-Cuomo

-Perdue

-Hagan

-Warner

-Kaine? Assuming he wins this Senate Seat in 2012

-Gov. Malloy of CT? depends on what he does with the debt, but I've seen him on FOX several times, I think he could make a serious bid...

Gillibrand, Warner and Cuomo have already been included. From how the voting looks, so will Hagan. I also added Sherrod Brown and Carte Goodwin.

Pollwonk

do u just add candidates randomly? Carte Goodwin didn't serve six months as a us senator

I am not adding candidates randomly. I am taking surveys while also adding candidates who have large political ambitions. Basically, the thesis with Goodwin is that the GOP will win the 2011 West Virginia Special Governor's race. Then Goodwin runs in 2012 and unseats the incumbent. Goodwin was a popular senator while in office.

do u just add candidates randomly? Carte Goodwin didn't serve six months as a us senator

I am not adding candidates randomly. I am taking surveys while also adding candidates who have large political ambitions. Basically, the thesis with Goodwin is that the GOP will win the 2011 West Virginia Special Governor's race. Then Goodwin runs in 2012 and unseats the incumbent. Goodwin was a popular senator while in office.

...i would hope he could maintain a good approval in 6 months

• 2 weeks later...

Archived