270soft Forum

PM4E- 2011 Canada

Hi Anthony et al.,

Great game so far..I've played a handful of times since purchasing it yesterday.

A few quirks I've found so far:

1. Crusaders for the BQ try to barnstorm outside of Quebec..perhaps there is a way, in an update, to limit the scope of BQ crusaders to Quebec?

2. Even in the 'hard' difficulty setting the other parties do not seem to expend all available party funds either through direct transfers to local candidates or through ad campaigns. This leads to curious results..like the NDP forming a majority government.

3. Turning off the NDP and Greens would most likely lead to a substantial head start for the Liberals. That is not represented in the game.

Thanks - all noted.

Hi Anthony et al.,

Great game so far..I've played a handful of times since purchasing it yesterday.

A few quirks I've found so far:

1. Crusaders for the BQ try to barnstorm outside of Quebec..perhaps there is a way, in an update, to limit the scope of BQ crusaders to Quebec?

2. Even in the 'hard' difficulty setting the other parties do not seem to expend all available party funds either through direct transfers to local candidates or through ad campaigns. This leads to curious results..like the NDP forming a majority government.

3. Turning off the NDP and Greens would most likely lead to a substantial head start for the Liberals. That is not represented in the game.

A riding note: James Ford is running again in Edmonton - Sherwood Park as an independent, where he almost beat the Conservative candidate last time. He is not currently in the game (and honestly, I don't think he was in the last one either).

Regarding minor-party candidates: I don't know if there's a 2011 Wonk Edition coming down the pipeline, but will some/all of these candidates be put in the regular campaign as independents in a coming update?

Thanks about James Ford, noted.

Minor-party candidates: they might be added in a future update, but they're not a high priority right now. Right now, we are only including independents who have a significant chance of winning.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Where gaming gets political!

A riding note: James Ford is running again in Edmonton - Sherwood Park as an independent, where he almost beat the Conservative candidate last time. He is not currently in the game (and honestly, I don't think he was in the last one either).

Regarding minor-party candidates: I don't know if there's a 2011 Wonk Edition coming down the pipeline, but will some/all of these candidates be put in the regular campaign as independents in a coming update?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick note first: Ignatieff has two times Martha Hall Findley as a crusader.

And could it be implemented that you are able to see how many seats a party has picked up or lost during election night? Perhaps similar to the Seat Swing Info already implemented?

Two more issues for the dev team:

- I'm noticing that you can't run ads or create scandals on Leadership/Integrity/Experience like in previous games - bug or deliberate? (And if it's the latter, what's the point of still having it in the game?)

- High score calculation needs fixing BADLY. We're talking Conservative majorities and Greens with double-digit seats getting slapped with "Disastrous" and not even being put on the high score screen despite open spaces here.

Thanks - now fixed in the latest internal version.

Re: seeing seats won or lost during election night, noted.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

A quick note first: Ignatieff has two times Martha Hall Findley as a crusader.

And could it be implemented that you are able to see how many seats a party has picked up or lost during election night? Perhaps similar to the Seat Swing Info already implemented?

Re: Leadership, and so on, issues: that's intentional. Each attribute affects various things (for example, Integrity reduces the chance an opponent can successfully research a scandal, or Leadership increases CPs).

Re: highscores, can you confirm your version number?

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Two more issues for the dev team:

- I'm noticing that you can't run ads or create scandals on Leadership/Integrity/Experience like in previous games - bug or deliberate? (And if it's the latter, what's the point of still having it in the game?)

- High score calculation needs fixing BADLY. We're talking Conservative majorities and Greens with double-digit seats getting slapped with "Disastrous" and not even being put on the high score screen despite open spaces here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Leadership, and so on, issues: that's intentional. Each attribute affects various things (for example, Integrity reduces the chance an opponent can successfully research a scandal, or Leadership increases CPs).

Re: highscores, can you confirm your version number?

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Highscores are fixed as of 1.2.8, but James Ford seems to have disappeared from Edmonton - Sherwood Park again (I'm pretty sure he was in through 1.2.7).

Ok, thanks for the feedback. According to the info I have here, James Ford was added in 1.2.9 (which is the latest internal version, it hasn't been released yet).

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Highscores are fixed as of 1.2.8, but James Ford seems to have disappeared from Edmonton - Sherwood Park again (I'm pretty sure he was in through 1.2.7).