270soft Forum

I started this along time ago and I just wanted to finish it... I took the super delegates for each state and added them to states total... The games start Sept 4th instead of Oct 1 another aspect i add was direct mail as and phone banking ad base... am trying to make as realistic as i can... any thought would be appreciated btw down below is starting point for game for both party...

rep08sp.png

dem08sp.png

he suppose to look a little strong... it the way the polls were back in sept 2007 but during the primaries he get weak and lose the nomination... he may look strong in the beginning but trust me he loses the nomination... I made Giuliani a weak candidate he may lead in the polls but it doesn't take long for him to lose his standing... his electability is 53% and I made most of Giuliani support uncommitted... and I put his alienation up....

right now am almost done finishing up the scenario... am working on the last party which is Constitution party... I got add a candidate or two... then i think am pretty much done... I don't know much about the two minor party in game (Libertarians and Constitution) so had to give the candidates for minor party during primaries a kind regional support during there fight for nomination... then in the other states they equal in polls

Yes there will be alot endorser but i have ran into problem... if anyone can help? I built the party Constitution but i ran problem... the party will load in general but won't load in the primaries... it said access volation at address 005FD784 in module p4e.exe read of address 00000008. please help

Yes there will be alot endorser but i have ran into problem... if anyone can help? I built the party Constitution but i ran problem... the party will load in general but won't load in the primaries... it said access volation at address 005FD784 in module p4e.exe read of address 00000008. please help

Make sure you have delegates in every state for the new party. That's a common problem.

no that wasn't it but thanks for help but am back on track fixed the problem... the problem was in percentage file... somewhere between OH and PA in the list but it fixed now... so anyways mostly like sometime this weekend and going need two republican and two democrats and one ind to play Scenario..... first come first served

I just got done finalizing the general election number... here the out come

general2008.png

the day the general election started after the primaries... Remember most polls had republican trailing but it still possible to win as a republican

daybeforeelection.png

this is polling the day before the election....

en2008.png

this election 2008 GA, MT SD aren't totally out of left field.... in real life they between 2 and 5 precentage point between Obama and Mccain

Thanks for the scenario.

First thing first: LOVE IT! Looks fabulous!

I ran three "Test scenarios" - which means I never did anything as a minor candidate, just wanted to see how the whole AI/scenario behaves.

1st One:

A non-primary, general election with Obama (hell, that guy has tons of money) and John McCain. McCain was always about five points behind and I feared an electoral wipeout. To my surprise, he pulled off a 289 EV votes victory, with 51,3% in the popular vote. He won thanks to OH and FL, but don't ask he how he did that.

2nd One:

I looked at the Dem primary as Kucinich. Obama swept Clinton away! After winning IA, NV and SC, he jumped six points in the polls and crushed her on Super Tuesday.

3rd One:

Mainly looking at the Rep primary as Paul. Final showdown Huckabee-McCain with McCain winning. But the interesting thing was the Dem primary. Clinton barely won the IA Caucus and was able to fend off Obama in SC.

General observations:

1) MI and FL - no way that there were so many delegates coming from that state with them not counting. Or are these delegates the added super-delegates from that state?

2) Tons of endorsers, I love that! The only problem is that you have so very few PIPs. It's almost impossible to really make a difference by influencing them. Maybe a few more PIPs for every candidate?

3) President Clinton always seems to endorse Obama over Hillary - kinda weird. :D

4) I think Clinton's charisma should be one, or even two point higher. She was an inspiring candidate. Not as inspiring as Obama, but still ...

5) Obama's debate and stamina skills are too high for my taste.

More to follow, just to give a first impression.

Really well done. Thank you very much.

thanks... I'll first address MI and FL delegate response....The Democratic National Committee's Rules and Bylaws Committee

On May 31, 2008, The Democratic National Committee's Rules and Bylaws Committee decided to seat all of Florida's delegates according to the primary results, but to give each delegate only half a vote at the Convention.[27]

Before the Democratic Convention, Florida, as well as Michigan, were approved with full votes. All 210 delegates were given full voting abilities. They voted during the roll call. The majority voted for Obama, the presumptive nominee.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Democratic_primary,_2008

I'll take a look at Clinton Endorser thing..... but thanks glad you like i'll let you guy know when final version come out.... Keep feed back coming....